Monday, September 04, 2006

Top Ten Video Games of all time


This is my list to the top ten video games I have ever played. I think it is safe to say that I have played many video games in my 26 years from Atari to Playstation 2. These are the games I feel were the best to come around on all the game systems.

10. Track and Field: Nintendo with the power pad. A classic that actually involved physical work with a video game. Great game.

9. Contra: A great game by nintendo. I played this game all the time and loved it. The awful graphics just make me love it more.

8. Super Techmo bowl: Great game for the old school players. Kept up with stats for you.

7. Madden (name the year): Any of the Madden games have to be up here. I would play and follow with stats for a year. Now there is Dynasty mode. Create yourself and play. Great games.

6. Golden Eye: This 007 game was a favorite of my college years. I loved playing in the four screens. The Proximity mines were the weapon of choice for me.

5. Sonic: This game is mainly on here because it is Jamey's favorite game. It was a classic by Sega for many.

4. NBA Jam: A personal favorite of mine. I used to have all-out wars with friends on this game. Classic (Shaq and Penny on the Magic).

3. Halo: 1 and 2 are great. Can remember playing on the system at Harding. Now I lose bad to my little brother.

2. Pac-man: Know this shows my age but I love Pacman. Arcade's beware I can make that one quarter last half an hour on a good day.

1. Mario Bros/Duck Hunt: I know it "came with the game", but it is the most popular game out there. There was even a awful kid's sitcom that tried to come from the game. Almost everyone I know has played both these games. I knew all the warps and was able to beat the game without warping. And I hate that dog on Duck hunt.

Those just off: Mike Tyson's punch out, Double Dribble (Great close ups of the dunks), Mario Cart Racing, Tetris, All the new war ones out on Xbox are great also.


Let me know what I might have missed all you nerds that know you played these games.

7 comments:

Jamey said...

I do like Sonic, but Tetris is by far my favorite..I think mainly because it's the only one I'm good at.

We need to break out the track and field game to see if you can finally beat me. ;)

kellieja said...

I am into the myst games on xbox. They are my favorite. Every once in a while I will break out my old school nintendo and play mario brothers/duck hunt. It is a classic.

Kenny Simpson said...

I guess I am old school. I love the nintendo games. Now there are too many buttons on the controllers.

Jason said...

RBI Baseball on Nintendo is awesome. I love it because I can play with my favorite team of all-time, the 1987 Cardinals. Their team speed was unreal.

Mario was great. Metroid was another classic Nintendo game. So was Zelda. It's pretty much the same game as Madden, but NCAA has to be up there. And did you ever play NHL '94 on Sega? It was awesome when you could fight with the hockey players and knock each other out and cause your opponent to bleed.

-Lane said...

RBI Baseball..ah, Jason used to beat me at that everyday in high school.

I would add Dragon Warrior for Nintendo, Mike Tyson's Punchout, and Tetris, the original for Nintendo

Kenny Simpson said...

RBI was a good game. Metro and Zelda were great games as well. Mike Tyson and Tetris could have easily made it as well as Mario Cart.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I couldnt agree more.