Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Improving SLOWLY


As most of you know I coach football at ACA. As the defensive coordinater I take a lot of pride in my boys. We have become better already, but with 3 sophmores, 2 freshmen, and 5 juniors seeing much playing time on the defense it is a SLOW process. We opened with a jamboree against a top 10 school in 4A and acted like we didn't know how to play. Things started rough this week as we gave up two quick scores in the first 3 minutes. After that we held them to 7 points (on a busted play) and forced two turnovers and 5 three-and-outs (girls that means we did well). Hopefully we can play a whole game this week and come out 1-0 in our region. We'll see Friday...

7 comments:

Jamey said...

The guy on the ground is my favorite...he's hanging on for dear life!!

Do you have more pictures from the game?

Kenny Simpson said...

This is out of the Atmore newspaper. I don't know if anyone else took pictures.

Unknown said...

Rome wasn't built in a day. I tried calling you back but just got your voicemail all day Saturday. I see how it is.

Jamey said...

I know how you feel Jon...he ignores my calls too! ;)

Baron said...

1. Love the new pic of Avery!

2. The new unis look good.

3. Good luck this season. I hear ACAs new DC is the greatest thing to defense since Buddy Ryan.

Kenny Simpson said...

Thanks. At least we'll look good playing. Had a starting DB decide he wanted to go to school in Arkansas, what is with that?

Lerra said...

Uhhh I don't know what you & Baron are talking about here. I was just going to say that we'd like to try to make it to a game sometime this season. Go ACA!