Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Top Ten Christian Movies

Next List. This time the top 10 Christian Movies. The criteria is that I have to have seen the movie.

10. Martin Luther: The 1950's version.

9. Prince of Egypt: Has a few "movie liberties" taken. But is a very well done movie.

8. Jonah: Veggietales special.

7. Luther: Very good movie about the Reformation.

6. The Ten Commandments: Oldie but a goodie.

5. Ben-Hur: Not completely on Christianity, but has several good scenes and gives context.

4. JESUS: Another portrayal of the life of Christ.

3. The Chronicals of Narnia: The books are better than the movie. But its points are very clear.

2. Gospel of John: Very well done version taken directly from the book of John.

1. The Passion of the Christ: Very intense movie that is a must see at least once, and probably should be seen more than that, for Christians.


Tell me which I missed.

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Have you really seen veggie tales' "Jonah" ;)

Kenny Simpson said...

No, guess I just assumed it would've been good. Also haven't seen the '50's version of Luther. Couldn't think of 10 that I had seen that would be very good.

Baron said...

haven't ventured to see The Passion a second time...the first time was so intense...not sure I could handle it again. talk about putting things in perspective...

also a fan of the VeggieTales. of course, without kids, I have to be stealthy about my viewing :)

nhe said...

"Chariots of Fire" is the most notably absent here.

Is it supposed to be intentionally Christian movies? or can it be any movie with Christian themes?......"The Shawshank Redemption" is the most Christian movie I've ever seen, but it is not intentionally Christian.