Thursday, September 07, 2006

Miami Dolphins



Miami vs. Pittsburgh

Most of you know the Miami Dolphins are my favorite team in any pro or college sport. I have watched and cheered them through many-a 8-8 seasons. They break my heart every year, but I keep on cheering.
Now there is optimism in Miami about their beloved Dolphins. I am attempting to not get caught up in it, as I have so many times before. But it is hard, as the Phins have added Daunte Culpepper to the mix. They have rid themselves of Crazy Ricky and are now hooked on former Auburn Tiger Ronnie Brown. They still have Chris---I catch the hard ones and drop the easy ones---Chambers and Randy—I beat my wife…twice—McMichael. Their Offensive Line is improved. Their Defense should be sound. And yet I know somewhere down the line they’ll manage to lose to the Jets or Bills or someone’s peewee football team. I also know they’ll beat the Patriots at least once (please) and upend some other team that should beat them. My fearful prediction for the Dolphins: 10-6 wildcard team.
Onto the game, Miami typically starts the season well (except for last season 3-7 and the one before that 4-12) and does well in hyped games. With Big Ben out I think Miami will upend the Steelers 28-17 tonight and get my hopes rising before crushing them again for the 26th straight year.


Also would like to give a shout-out to the Marlins. A complete game no hitter thrown last night. First team ever to come from 20 games under .500 to above .500. They will not make the playoffs (schedule too tough and Padres have no one left on schedule), but way to go guys. A $15 million salary for the whole team. There are 20 players alone that make that much. Watch out, if they do slip into the playoffs as a wild card they are 2-0 in the world series...

13 comments:

Jason said...

I like the Dolphins this season. Adding Culpepper will turn out to be huge. Their D is solid and this is the season Ronnie Brown becomes a star. Everything's looking good for them. I honestly can't see the Pats winning the division over the Dolphins. I know you want to be cautiously optimistic since they're your team and all, but seriously, they're good.

Jason said...

Oh yeah, and the Marlins have been a great story this year. Can't believe what they've done. I have Anibal Sanchez in my keeper league for a buck. Looks like a pretty good keeper at this point.

Kenny Simpson said...

Not bad for a buck.

Unknown said...

I know how you feel, the Chief's have broken my heart every year, and this year I just don't know. Preseason wasn't real reassuring about Herm but but it is preseason so we shall see. I'll root for the Phins but only because their your team, now I draw the line at Texas but luckily Jamey isn't a diehard horn's fan. yes, i did root for them against USC but that was more for the Big 12 sake. SEC is the best, blah, blah, blah when is the last time an SEC team played for the title?

Kenny Simpson said...

Ouch on SEC. They are better overall than every conference, except ACC. FSU, MIAMI, GTECH, CLEMSON, VTECH, VIRGINIA, BC are all pretty good.
If the Big 12 didn't have a northern side, they'd be pretty good too.

Jason said...

The SEC is clearly the most dominant conference in football. The quicker other conferences realized this, the happier they would be. I'd agree that the ACC is closing the gap, though.

Who were you pulling for Monday night, Kenny?

Unknown said...

I could buy the SEC strong thing if there weren't teams like: Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi, Mississippi State. Take them out and then you could boast having the toughest conference. I will say this though, how many would be title caliber teams are done in by the SEC Championship game. Same goes for Big 12.

I'll take a Joey Bag O' Donuts for a friendly wager on MNF. I got Was and San D.

Kenny Simpson said...

Minn and SD on Monday, you?

Jamey said...

How about bet a box if Fiddle Faddle. Apparently they're hard to come by.

Jason said...

Every conference has weak teams, dude. Yeah Vandy & KY & the Mississippi teams are weak, but the SEC is top heavy with elite teams. I do agree about the SEC Championship Game. It should be mandatory that every conference play a conf. championship game.

A Joey Bag O-Donuts wager? I'm game. I agree with SD but I'll take Minn over Wash.

Jason said...

Sorry about the 'Phins Kenny. They got hosed on the Miller TD.

Kenny Simpson said...

The way D was playing, he'd have scored on the next play.

Lerra said...

Huh?