Saturday, May 26, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
10. You are not allegic to dogs, because you just had some.
9. Your lucky numbers...666
8. Hope you don't like your house, or you really like fire.
7. Your car needs a new transmission and tires...and brakes
6. I see McDonald's in your future career...
5. You are as deep as a frisbee.
4. Enjoy how you look now, because that's as good as it's going to get.
3. Your boss like to dress up in women's clothes in your office when you're not there.
2. Your stomach did not agree with the sushi you just ate.
1. You will leave a large tip for your server.
Anyone have any others? The ones we get now just have wierd chinese proverbs. Where's the fun in that?
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
What makes it even more special is what they gave us after the junior high and high school banquets. Normally the kids go in and get the coach a gift ($50 to some resteraunt) that is very nice. Here is what our kids got us:
$520 in gift cards that can be used on anything
$55 to Applebee's
$50 to Bonefish Grill
$20 to the Rave
Total that up: More than we would have ever expected. I have never even heard of anything like this much less experienced it.
Even without the gifts we loved the season, but it is neat that when Jamey and I are wanting to be able to afford to go out to eat for a date and are looking into planning a family vacation we will be able to go now!!! Thanks ACA families you have touched our lives this year and made us realize this is where we belong.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Where do I claim as home: Melbourne, FL
Where do I live now: Montgomery, AL. Although I still haven't seen the capital building yet.
What is my name: Kenny Simpson. At least now I know I am not the ugliest Kenny Simpson in the world...
My Grandmother: I would hope she was supposed to be the one on the left.
Favorite Food: Pizza. But not this kind, I only like meat on my pizzas.
Favorite Drink: If you look close it is the "Cherry/Vanilla Dr. Pepper". I prefer it as a fountain drink from Sonic.
Favorite Smell: Google thinks I enjoy the smell of wet dog. I really put Avery's hair after a bath. But I guess the smells are close ?!?!
Favorite Song: "I will be here" by Steven Curtis Chapman. I guess he changed his CD cover to "I don't want to be here". I looks like Bill Cosby with a beard trying to be a thug.
Place I have lived: Tucson, AZ. The spider problem was just too much for me so I left.
Where do I work: Alabama Christian Academy. It looks like we have bad weather in the future.
Where would I like to visit: Alaska. Although I'd prefer a cruise ship and not a cannoe.
1) 12-4: Chargers: I think they can even have a better record than that if they catch a few breaks. They are a team that I feel will challenge for the Super Bowl next season. Rivers and Tomlinson are dominate as is the defense.
2) 9-7: Denver: I feel they will struggle a little under Cutler this season. They do not have as many threats on the outside on offense, but will continue to be able to run the ball as well as anyone in the league.
3) 5-11: Kansas City: They have too many holes to challenge in this division. Assuming they lose Green, they will struggle (especially if they allow Brodie Croyle a chance at QB). Their defense will improve, but not enough this year.
4) 3-13: Oakland: Jamarcus Russell in my opinion will be a bust. I don't see them getting better on defense either.
Monday, May 14, 2007
It also makes me wonder if anyone is censoring these sites. I was able to watch the hanging of Sadame Hussein on you-tube, which was very disturbing. Are there somethings that should be taken off the web? Is there anyway to monitor it?
The next day we had our track party. I am sure Jamey http://www.jameysimpson.blogspot.com will post on this later with pictures of Avery jumping into the pool. She even liked the divingboard at the Young's house.
Mother's Day went well for the most part. Avery gave her mother her gift in the morning and we went out for lunch to celebrate. We wanted Olive Garden, but there was a 40 minute wait, so we chose Shoney's. I think Jamey enjoyed it and I promised to take her to Olive Garden some night later on, so if anyone wants to babysit...
I called my mom, but couldn't get her on the phone, so "mom happy mother's day" if you didn't get my message.
We should be able to slow down a little now. The past three weekends I have been to Mobile, Gulf Shores, and Tuscaloosa with coaching, I am ready to have date night with my girls this friday and Avery's birthday party this weekend.
Friday, May 11, 2007
1) 13-3: Indianapolis: They will continue to dominate teams, because they have the best offense, and a defense that can play at times. They are my pick to go deep into the playoffs out of this division.
2) 10-6: Jacksonville: They are hard to pick because they win so ugly. Yet, they win and that's all that matters. I think the offense will be better this year and their defense is one of the top in the league.
3) 6-10: Houston: I think they will shock some people this season, but overall they are not even close to challenging to win the division. The passing of Reggie Bush I think causes them to have to wait even longer for their first playoff season.
4) 5-11: Tennessee: I love Vince Young. The problem is their is no one around him this season. Losing Pacman will hurt alot more than they care to admit and I don't think their defense is good at all.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
I could not have asked for a better person to get to spend the rest of my life with. I know that the years we, Lord willing, have left will be a blessing to me and I thank God every day that you allowed me to con you into marriage to someone like me.
Happy mother's day to my mom. If not for you I don't know who I would have become today. Your gentle (and at times firm) hands raised me to know what I should and shouldn't do and be able to stand for what is right. Raising 5 kids is not an easy task and you do it with grace. I love you.
1) 11-5: Baltimore: I think they lose a little on defense, but McNair will keep them in many games this season. They can make some noise in the post season as well.
2) 11-5: Bengals: They will rebound from a poor season last year. With the best QB in the division they will be in every game.
3) 9-7: Pittsburg: They will do well, but without Cower they will go through a little adjustment period.
4) 6-10: Browns: With a rookie at QB late in the year they will be a dangerous team, just not for a few years.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
1) 12-4: NY Jets. Surprise number 1 on the list. I feel the Jets made just enough moves to get better and keep the chemistry they have built. I think they are not ready to challenge to win the super bowl just yet, but will win more games than most give them credit for.
2) 11-5: New England Patriots. I have them struggling for chemistry, but think they will gel enough to be a force in the playoffs. Had they not taken Randy Moss, I think they would actually do better. Brady is the best QB in this division and the defense will get even stronger.
3) 7-9: Buffalo. They are not a good team, but do have people that can beat you in the skill positions. I feel their defense will take a big hit, losing both starting inside linebackers, but should still be solid enough to win some games.
4) 4-12: Miami. I was one of the many to be upset with Miami's picks in the draft. That aside, I don't think we signed anyone on defense other than Porter that will be an impact. Our DB's are terrible, and in a division with so many good recievers that spells trouble. I think Green will do well at QB, but see Miami inserting Beck later in the year.