Thursday, January 18, 2007

TV Time

Here are the shows I am watching. I have always had a weak spot for reality shows, but this season I seem to have much more balance.

24: I am pumped about the show. Even with some of the predictability (at least Jason Bybee says there is) it is a great show. A little over the top, but we have already seen L.A. blown away. I am expecting great things from Jack this season. I'm sure he won't disapoint.



Prison Break: I love this show. The only thing I don't enjoy is waiting between episodes. If you haven't seen Michael and his brother trying to escape it is worth a try. My prediction is that the show is wrapping up this season or the next and I hope it does not try to drag it on.


CSI's: Jamey and I mainly stick with the CSI's in Miami and Vegas. The Miami to me is the stronger of the two. But the Vegas one has some very good characters and plot lines. Will Gil come back? I think so.

American Idol: I am one of the few that actually like the shows better when they have already got rid of the awful singers. Simon is great and at times I like Randy. The only time Paula is worth watching is when she is hammered. We are rooting so far for the guy with an afro.


Survivor: I know it hasn't started yet, but I love this show. Hopefully it will be as good as the past shows.

The Unit: I really enjoy this show. The main character (president from 24, who was assassinated) is great. I could do without the wives part, but really like the show in general.

Shark: Another newer show that Jamey and I have started following. About a defense lawyer turned prosecuter who is working in high-profile cases.



Amazing Race All-stars: I know it hasn't started yet, but I plan on watching more of the only reality show in which I'd like to be a contestant.

ESPN: This is constantly on in our house. I am now in college basketball season, so that is what is on.

A show I have heard are good and may give a chance: Heroes.

I noticed a trend on this. I watch many shows on Fox and CBS, but don't see any on NBC or ABC which used to be the top two tv channels.

8 comments:

Jamey said...

The Unit would not be The Unit without the wives part. It's the only part of the show that relates to 'real life' as we know it. It makes the show complete by showing the lives of those who stand behind the men that go on these crazy escapades.

Plus, more women are prone to watch it with their husbands if there is some sort of relationship factor.

Kenny Simpson said...

I like the fact they have that part, just not the women that play the roles :)

Greg said...

Kenny, check out Heroes. It's been very good. I came in late but caught up with a marathon in November where I saw all 11 episodes from the fall (in about 4 days time.)

They are now available online at NBC.com (or at least they were, I think they still are.) You can watch them there if you want to catch up (and you have to start from the beginning.)

The next new episode (#12) airs on Monday, so if you have 11 spare hours this weekend, you can catch up :)

Kenny Simpson said...

I may wait until next year and do my catching up in the summer. My mom likes the show alot also.

Jamey said...

Wouldn't it be nice to have 11 spare hours?!

Oh wait, you did have some to spare one weekend on a 24 marathon!

Jason said...

Heroes is awesome. You should check it out.

24 has been a pleasant surprise so far. But if it gets like it did last year, I'm bailing.

You and I should do Amazing Race. I'd love to be on that show. Hey, we're great spades partners, why not reality TV?

I'm with you on American Idol. I'm ready for the competition to actually start. I like the kid with the 'fro, too.

Unknown said...

Didn't have Direct TV hooked up yet and missed the start off all the shows and.......life continued uninterupted. Amazing!

Brooke Shands said...

Ok so you know I have to say something about our man Jack! I am so excited 24 is back!! Life is good again. LA has been blown up what is next?? I can't wait!!

And American Idol. I agree I like it a lot more when they get rid of the bad ones. Last year Taylor was my fav from the start! I don't have a fav yet. So far I am with you on the guy with the fro.

I had no idea they were doing the Amazing Race All stars!! Awesome! I also like Big Brother!