Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Top Multi-part movies

I am back. I am hoping to have my replacement laptop from the school tomorrow so I will be able to check on others blogs more often (And maybe do a little work also). I thought I'd come back with another list. This time a top multi-part movies. The movies have to have 3 parts or more. I made a top 15 of my choices.


15. Naked Gun: This series is a great spoof set. Leslie Neilson may be the best at this type of humor.


14. Karate Kid: Although the third in this trilogy was awful, the first two were very good movies. Jamey's high school crush was the star also :)


13. I know we haven't seen the third one, but if it anywhere near the first two this will move even further up the list. Great movies. Shrek will always be remembered.


12. Die Hard: I am a huge Bruce Willis fan and there are some of the first movies I saw him in. Great movies to watch if you want some action with little thought.


11. Lord of the Rings: If I had watched these movies they would be further up the list. I put them here based on others recommendations.


10. Lethal Weapon: Mel Gibson and Danny Glover are great characters and this set of movies is great. Another action series in my list...imagine that.


9. The Godfather: I have only seen two of these, and only once. But their impact is undeniable.


8. Mission Impossible: I loved the first one of this set. The other two were good movies as well, but not as good as the first. Tom Cruise does great in his role.


7. Teminator: I don't know which I like the best. T2 is great and is actually the first one I saw. The first one is classic as well. Jamey and I watched the last one on the big screen and enjoyed it, just not as much as the first two.

6. The Matrix: I have only seen the first two all the way through. I think I have seen part of the last one. They made the list because of how impressed I was with the first one.


5. James Bond: All of these films have been worth the watch. While I am still partial to Connery, I have enjoyed all the other "Bonds" out there.


4. Star Wars: Some will want it higher on the list. But I was not as into the movies as many were. Still, they are great films.


3. Indiana Jones: I love this series. I think it is the next one I want to own. Harrison Ford does a great job in this role. Still don't know which is my favorite.


2. Back to the Future: A great series of movies. I am into science fiction and love the time travel in the movie. Also love the comedy. Marty McFly will be one of my favorite characters.


1. Anyone that knows me well knew this was coming. It is what sparked this list in my head. I love the Rocky movies. Rocky 4 is my all-time favorite movie. Rocky 1 and 2 are next. I also liked the Rocky Balboa movie that just came out. Not much of a fan for 3 or 5.


Just off the list: National Lampoon's Vacations, Spiderman, Harry Potter, Alien, Home Alone, X-Men, Superman, Ocean's Eleven (they are in the works for a third part).

4 comments:

Jason said...

Cool list. The first two Godfather movies are just about the best movies I've ever seen. But the third one is a dud. The Lord of the Rings movies are consistently great. But my favorite might be a tie between Star Wars and Indiana Jones. You need to get the Indiana Jones set. It's awesome. I think they're making a 4th one.

Luke Dockery said...

Personally, I'm a Star Wars/Indiana Jones guy, but your #1 pick is understandable.

I always liked Rocky, Rocky II, and Rocky IV, but thought the original was the best because of the character development; it was about more than just boxing.

I saw Rocky Balboa/VI and was very pleasantly surprised to see that it was very similar to the original in that way; great acting and character development. I still think the original Rocky is the best, but number VI is a great way to end the series (as opposed to Rocky V; all copies of that should be rounded up and burned).

Jamey said...

I need to clear up that Ralph Maccio from Karate Kid was not my high school crush...I was about 9 or 10.

Other than that; your list is valid. :)

jasonk said...

Uh...Jason BOURNE?

Great list, though. I would put Indiana Jones at the top, and Star Wars would be on there too. I don't know if I would put Rocky on there, pretty one-dimensional. As Letterman put it when the movie "Clue" and Rocky IV came out the same week: "Clue is one movie, with four different endings. Rocky is four different movies, with one ending."