Saturday, January 20, 2007

Been robbed recently...

We have. Last night Jamey and I came home to find stuff on the floor in our entryway to the house. We (or I) looked through the house to make sure the person had left. He/They had, so we looked to find that only a few of Jamey's rings had been taken. I am sure the person will be very pleased when they realize that we shop at Walmart and the ones they took were fake. After we calmed down (thanks Dawn and Chris for coming over) we managed to get some sleep. This morning though I realized they had taken my laptop (or ACA's laptop). So I went ahead and filed a police report to hopefully have insurance from the school cover our loss.

I am normally a very laid back person, but I am glad I did not find someone still at our house.

Thanks for coming by and taking what is not yours. Thanks for making my wife feel unsafe in her own home. Thanks for taking about 1/2 a year of work on my computer. Hope you make your quick $500 and can smoke out for a few days. If you are a real man you know where I live, come by when I am home!!

Sorry for the rant. I know we were blessed to have not had more taken, or anyone (Curtis) injured, but man that upsets me.

12 comments:

Roxy Wishum said...

Brother, I am sorry you had that experience. Having been there, I know it makes you feel violated when somebody breaks into your home and goes through/takes your things. That ties into why I tend to speak out when so many rant about war/killing/guns. The truth is there are lots of evil people in the world who will do to you whatever they feel will enable them to have the next "fix". If it weren't for police and soldiers, that experience would be a daily occurance.

Kenny Simpson said...

Roxy: I agree completely.

Sunny said...

I hate to hear that you guys were robbed. I can not imagine what you must feel and how unsafe Jamey must feel. I hope that you guys are doing well now.

Jason said...

Sorry to hear about this, man. I know that's got to be frightening for you all.

Jamey said...

I was scared at first, but I'm going through a mad stage. Last night I found that one of our wedding portraits had been knocked off behind our dresser. The frame was demolished, glass broken, and picture bent. Those weren't cheap.

But I'm really sad that I realized that Avery's necklaces were gone. The lockets on both were my grandmother's. You can't replace sentiment. Now Avery can't pass them down to her daughter.

My friend Dawn told me last night that she prayed for us, then prayed that whoever broke in would somehow come to know the Lord through this ordeal. I can honestly say I did not pray that.

Glad I have a friend who will.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Oh my goodness! I AM SO SORRY!!! what a terrible feeling! bless your hearts. selfish tacky people. that stinks. at least they werent there.

jasonk said...

Bastards.

Lerra said...

I am so sorry for y'all. I have no idea what that must feel like. My car was broken into twice in our own driveway, and that made me feel so violated. I just can't even imagine what it would be like to have my home intruded upon.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything.

Kenny Simpson said...

Thanks for the responses. We were fortunate that more was not taken.

Luke Dockery said...

Sorry to hear about that. I'm glad that you are all okay, and weren't there when it happened.

Mike the Eyeguy said...

Kenny, I'm very sorry that happened to you guys. Since this happened to us in Birmingham, I can honestly say that I know exactly how you feel--violated.

Here's a story related to that particular burglary. Who knows, maybe you'll get your rings back someday too!

Thomas said...

Guys, hate to hear that it happened, but I must admit Kenny, your comment about shopping at Wal-Mart made me laugh. Glad everyone's safe and sound though. Jamey, you're a brave girl. As you probably know, Brooke would have the house up for sale the next day if it were her.