Friday, January 12, 2007

Top 10 Heroes


Cool Slideshows


Top Ten Heroes

10. Lt. Pete "Maverick" Miller: Top Gun may be one of my favorite all-time movies. "I feel the need, the need for speed" every time I watch this movie. Maverick is the perfect character that is carefree until he has to watch "Goose" his partner die. From then it is about a man that will not quit (OK...so he quits and then they bring him back, whatever).

9. Rick Blaine: Casablanca is a classic movie. Blaine is a great hero.

8. Capt. John H. Miller: Tom Hanks makes it with the first of two of his top ten heroes. This is off Saving Private Ryan. The cast is great, but Hanks shines in his role.

7. Forrest Gump: The second Hanks character. Forrest is an endearing character that everyone cheers for (except that guy throwing rocks at him). The fact that it has so much history makes it a favorite of mine.

6. Batman: A favorite of mine, because he does not have super powers. All the gadgets he has are great as well.

5. T.E. Lawrence: I watched this movie with my grandfather when I was about 12. It was so long it had a 15 minute intermission. I still thought this guy was the coolest though.

4. Indiana Jones: A great character. I am contemplating buying the trilogy with my Christmas money. Harrison Ford makes him a funny/everyday kind of hero. With brains and a little brawn Indiana Jones is a great hero.

3. Rocky Balboa: My personal favorite. If I were being completely biased in this list he would be number 1. I love all the Rocky's (except 5, which is Jamey's favorite). I just bought the 5 DVD set and have seen the new one (which I will add when it comes out on DVD). The steps of Philadelphia are forever popular because of Rocky. Rocky 4 is my favorite as we watch the U.S.A. vs. USSR in the ring.

2. James Bond: An all-time favorite. I put the picture with Sean Connery because I think he was the best Bond. Many agree with that assessment. Either way this character has made it through the years and is my number 2...just barely behind...

1. Atticus Finch: A classic character. Jamey and her mother would have never let me live it down if he was not number one. With the younger students still reading the book he is likely to stay high for a long time.

Well, what did you think? Who did I leave off? Who should not be on the list?

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Do you think you'll watch your DVD set of Rockys? :)

Roxy Wishum said...

How about Truman? It took a lot of courage to sail across the ocean, realize your entire life had been staged, then step through a door to the unknown. I mean he didn't blow anything up or kill anybody but he faced himself and his fears.

Kenny Simpson said...

Good character. I am just not a Jim Carey fan.

Baron said...

ok, I don't even know who your number 1 hero is...could you expound on your choice for those of us struggling with that choice