Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Top Ten Christmas

Top Ten Things I’d Like For Christmas

I am stealing this idea from another blogger. I love Christmas, and need to listen to the music. Yes I listen to Christmas music and am proud of it. Since you know how much I love lists, here goes…

This list is a dream list for me. If I could pick out ten things, no matter the cost or actual chance of them happening, here they are.

10. As good a time as possible in Colorado/Texas over the break: I am sure this will happen. Our parents bought us the tickets to come and see the families. I would like snow in Colorado and maybe a little in Texas as well.

9. A Gator Hat. Jamey got me the best Gator hat last X-mas and I managed to lose it in the move. Fitted hats are the best. In case anyone wants to know I where a size 7 ¼.

8. Subscription to Dolphin Digest: This is a must for any die-hard fan. It has articles throughout the year that no one except Dolphin fans will appreciate. I had this one time when I was little and loved reading about my team over and over. Now… if only they could win some games this year.

7. A Dolphin Christmas/New Years win. I want the Phins to be in position at 7-7 this late in the season and beat the Jets on X-mas (taking them out of the playoffs and putting us in position to grab a bid late). Then proceed to beat the 15-0 Colts to keep Miami’s ’72 team as the only undefeated team in history and securing our birth to the playoffs. While I’m at it, why don’t we just win the rest of the games to go to the super bowl.

6. NFL Sunday Ticket: I’d love to be able to watch the games I want to see on Sunday. This week I got to watch a thrilling Falcons vs. Browns game, while last week it was the Titans getting crushed by someone.


5. Sirius radio: Or whatever radio gets all the NFL games. This is my back-up to NFL Ticket, and it would be good to have all the stations for music for my dancing machine of a daughter. She has moves I have never even seen…

4. Music: I love my Christian music. And this year there are many great artists out there. Hopefully I’ll get my annual Wow CD from Jamey. I think I would actually like a Christina Aguilara CD (I can’t believe I just said that). And there are many other Christian artists I’d love to hear more from.

3. TIVO: I have heard great things about this. But I probably watch too much TV as it is. It would be nice to be able to record shows without having to use all the old VHS to keep everything on.

2. Tickets to watch the Gators win the National Title game. I know they have to beat a few teams first and hope USC loses, but I’d love to get to watch live as they “Tebow” their way over OSU or Michigan and prove all the critics wrong about Meyer’s offense.

1. My wife and daughter’s happiness. I hope both of them have a great X-mas.

I am sure there are more things I could list (A new car/house, etc…) but this is just a list I thought would be fun to make.

8 comments:

Jason said...

Nice list.

Sattelite radio is the way to go. I have XM because it has the MLB package, but Sirius is what you'd want for NFL. I'm usually doing church stuff on Sunday afternoons, but when I can watch some games, I'm always stuck with crappy Titans or Falcons games. It'd be nice to be able to watch whichever games you want.

Hope you get a few of these. I heard Third Day has a Christmas album coming out this fall. Should be a good one.

Jamey said...

I'd say that list is very reasonable. I'll get to work. :)

Jason said...

By the way, another positive mark for Sirius....

I hear their selection of Christian music is superior to XM. I'll have to say, the XM channels are not too good.

Unknown said...

Go for Direct TV, then you can throw in the NFL Sunday ticket and College GamePlan. And then add the DVR package and pick up a DVD burner and you'll be set.

kellieja said...

Man thats funny to me. What my husband wouldnt do to get stuck watching a crappy falcons game. Down here we get stuck with the Bucs on sunday.

Kat Simpson said...

Okay, don't ask for things like TIVO and SUNDAY TICKET unless I know what Cable provider you all have! Love, Mom (AKA Santa Claus years ago)

Jamey said...

Okay Jon, you know that we are still in the process of whittling down our costs, not driving them up! Wouldn't Kenny be in heaven with all that tv.

My favorite times were when we didn't have cable at all..sigh.

Lerra said...

DVRs are the bomb. If you have Charter, definitely sign up for Moxi. DO IT!!!