Monday, November 20, 2006

"if they only had a brain"

The BCS has got me singing the old wizard of OZ song. They want the bowl money at the expense of having a great playoff system. Let's look at what a 8 team playoff would look like.

I picked the top 5 teams from the BCS and put in the ACC winner (we'll say GTech and undefeated Boise State, and Texas (big 12). To do this I had to nock out the WV/Rutgers/Lousiville teams which could be substituted for Boise State (either way they would be beat in the first round by Ohio State). Florida could also be switched with Arkansas if they win the SEC.

1 vs 8
Ohio State takes on undefeated Boise State. While I think everyone would pick OSU here, I'd pay to watch the game. We'll say OSU wins.

2 vs 7
Michigan takes on Georgia Tech. This is another game that could be closer than people think featuring the games best wide recievers. We'll pick Michigan.

3 vs 6
USC vs. Texas makes for a nice little rematch does it not. While both teams are very different I think the game would be a good one here. We'll go with USC.

4 vs 5
Florida vs. Notre Dame. You think people would not pay big money to go watch this one. Florida will prove how over-rated the irish are.

Second Round

OSU vs. Florida. To many this would be like a championship game. To be fair we'll pick OSU, although I think Florida would give them all they want.

USC vs. Michigan. A nice little Rose Bowl match-up. I'd go with USC in a close one.

Championship

OSU vs. USC. This might be the real BCS game, but at least it would have been proved on the field and not just voted on. I'd take OSU to win big.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How bout the fins dominating rushing game -3 yards. Man...

Kenny Simpson said...

How did that KC game turnout?