Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Growing up


I do not get sentimental much. Trust me you can ask my wife. But the other night we watched Cheaper By the Dozen II. Pretty good fun movie. One of the main story lines is about the youngest girl growing up. This for whatever reason got me a little sentimental about my little girl and how much she has already grown up. Tonight in church I watched for the first time how in class she can climb the little slide set they have and go down the slide all by herself. She did this several times and came running to me with a big smile as if to see if I was impressed. I will miss the days when she does not always run into my arms after every big acheivement...

6 comments:

Kat Simpson said...

You are a wise father and I am so very proud of you. Love Mama

Jamey said...

It's hard to think about when that day will come. But the good part is, we have a little while longer to absorb her before it happens.

Unknown said...

You can still celebrate every achievment that they have, that will never go away. Jordan will be 1 month old next Saturday, it seems like just yesterday I brought her and Stacy home from the hospital. Yesterday Lawson was sitting between the chair and the ottoman reading a book to himself, he did the motions and sound effects that we do when we read it to him. Time is starting to move soooo fast.

Jamey said...

I can't believe Jordan is almost a month old! Wish we could be there to see her grow up.

We have all been blessed with such precious little ones.

Sunny said...

So sweet! Jason and I always tear up when watching "Father of the Bride".
Time is passing by way too quickly!
I just try to soak up every single moment.

Jason said...

You know you're getting older when time goes by too fast. When I was a kid, I couldn't wait to be a teenager. Couldn't wait until I could drive, then go to college, then get married. Time seemed to move slower. Now I wish I could slow things down and soak it all up with my kids. Crazy how you change.