Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Football preview



This is my football preview. It will feature college, pro and high school teams. Teams that I like and how I feel they will finish.

NFL: I am a huge Dolphin fan, but do not believe as some have suggested that they will make a run at the super bowl. I do feel they have a chance at a wild card given their division is not as strong as others in the AFC. My pick 10-6 and out in the first round.

Division Winners:

NFC

East: Giants: Tiki Barber. Manning with another year experience.
North: Chicago: Defense will lead the way.
South: Carolina: Too much talent.
West: Seattle: No one will put up a fight in West.

Wildcards: Cowboys, Tampa Bay

Just missing the cut: Saints, Falcons, Cardinals, Rams

Big disapointments: Redskins


AFC

East: Patriots: Tom Brady, 'nough said
North: Cincy: Carson looks ok.
South: Indy: Peyton Manning (seeing a theme here)
West: Denver: Running game always solid.

Wildcards: Miami, Pittsburg

Just missing the cut: KC, Jacksonville, San Diego (too much tallent in AFC West)

Big disapointment: Oakland (Again)

NFC Championship: Carolina vs. NY. Giants

AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Indy

Super Bowl: Patriots beat NY. Giants



College Preview

My favorite teams: Florida, FSU, Miami, Air Force, Arizona.
Of the above the Florida schools should fare well (although no real contenders for the BCS). Air Force will be above .500 and Arizona I think will creep above .500 under the "other Stoops".

Top 10

1. Ohio State: Too much Troy Smith (alot like Vince Young)
2. West Virginia: I believe in this under-the-radar team
3. Auburn: As much as I'll be rooting against them
4. LSU: Too much talent. Playing the "no respect card"
5. Notre Dame: Great offense. Bad defense. Rough schedule.
6. Oklahoma: If had QB would be my #2
7. Georgia: Too much talent. Under-the-radar. Due to beat FLA this year.
8. Cal: Should finally beat USC.
9. Florida: Next year will be their year.
10. FSU: Always loaded on defense. If they could just score a little...

Just outside: USC, Texas, Michigan, VTech, Miami, Louisville

Conference winners:

SEC: Auburn
Florida can win the East, but with Auburn or LSU out of the west look out.
Surprising team: Arkansas

Pac 10: Cal
USC will be there, but too much inexperience
Surprising team: Arizona

Big 12: OK
Texas is still good, just not vince good
Surprising Team: Colorado wins the north

ACC: FSU
VT and Miami will be around, just not enough
Surprising Team: Clemson

Big 10: OSU
Michigan could be very dangerous this year as well
Surprising Team: MSU



High school

Madison Academy: I am predicting a 12-2 season with the Mustangs getting to the semis. The defense returns 9 of 11 starters and should carry the team. Enough will be done on offense with the running backs to win games. Not pretty, but effective.

ACA: With the younger players the sky is the limit. Their DC is one of the brightest young minds in the game...

Let me know what you think.
Put in your favorite teams and lets hear how you think they'll do.

8 comments:

Lerra said...

This is what I just read:

"blah, blah, blah...7. Georgia...blah blah blah."

Go dawgs. That's all I care about.

Jamey said...

You read that? I didn't. :)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

this is what i just read...blah blah blah....i hate auburn...blah blah blah.

BITE ME.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
EEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGLLLLLLLEEEEEE
HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Jason said...

All right, time to get some male football discussion going here.

I can't argue much with your NFL picks. I actually like your Dolphins to win their division over New England. Picking up Culpepper will prove to be huge for Saban. Ronnie Brown is a developing stud and the D has always been strong. I also like Pittsburgh to win their division over Cincy, but just barely. In the West, I like Denver; in the South, it's Indy. My wild cards would be Cincinatti and KC. The West is very talented and I don't see how the Patriots can squeeze their way in unless they win the division. I like San Diego, too, but an inexperienced QB scares me.

In the NFC, I pick the Cowboys to win their division. Agree with Chicago, Carolina and Seattle. Carolina will probably be the best team in the conference. The wild cards will be the Giants and (my surprise pick) the Cardinals. Their offense is just scary and even if (when) Warner goes down, Leinart will have plenty of weapons to work with. Plus, the NFC is just a weaker division, so that's where a surprise team could come from.

Just for kicks, I say we're looking at a Panthers / Bengals Super Bowl with Carolina winning it all.

Jason said...

As for your college picks, I don't know if West Virginia will get the votes to make it to the BCS title game. Their schedule is weak, and they're pretty much a lock to go undefeated, but the pundits are saying they'd probably take a one-loss team (Texas, Ohio State, USC possibly) over an undefeated WV team. Interesting.

Kenny Simpson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kenny Simpson said...

I feel if (when) WV goes undefeated they have to go to the championship game. Mainly because of them winning their bowl game last year.

Kat Simpson said...

What? you don't mention your brother's team? I agree with your brightest mind comment, LOL. . . Love Mama