Sunday, August 20, 2006

Top Ten Most Hated Athletes


This is another list for me. Top Ten most hated athletes. My criteria is the athlete must play a major sport and have been hated by most fans not just some (for example I'm sure Michael Jordan is not too popular in Salt Lake City).

10. A-Rod: I actually like him, but to be booed AT HOME in almost every game is something new. If he didn't make $250 million I might feel a little sad for the guy.

9. J.J. Redick: Hasn't even played a game yet but already people are against him. Just my luck that my favorite team (Orlando Magic) spent a first round pick on him.

8. Jeff Gordon: I really don't care but have heard enough people that hate the rainbow warrior that he made the list.

7. Terrell Owens: Hated by two cities now (SF and PHILLY). Soon to add Dallas to the list. Plays well when not chewing out his QB or Coach.

6. Vince Carter: Quit on his team and demanded to be traded and got away with it. Doesn't hurt that he has been a major disapointment in the playoffs.

5. Latrell Sprewell: The man choked his coach. He also invented the worst hairstyle to catch on since the afro.

4. Randy Moss: Been hated by most fans of the NFL for a long time, not likely to change...since he plays for the most hated NFL team (Oakland) now.

3. Kobe Bryant: The man got away with a crime (other than how selfish he plays on the court). He also single-handed ruined the Lakers.

2. Ray Lewis: I personally hate this guy. He is someone who probably got away with murder (literally) and plays for one of the most hated coaches as well in Baltimore.

1. Barry Bonds: This guy was hated before he "grew" a mere 40 pounds of muscle at the age of 40.

Tell me who you think should be on here.

5 comments:

Jason said...

I hate Dan Marino. Just kidding...

Can't argue with the list. I might've added Dennis Rodman. Dude was just messed up. I can't stand TO or Bonds. TO is a complete cancer. Sprewell is an idiot. He's the one who rejected a contract offer last year (for like 2 million a year, I think) because he said he needed more money. His quote, "I'm just trying to feed my family, man." I know plenty of people who could make due if they only had a paltry 2 million a year to feed their family with.

I don't get why Yankee fans hate ARod. I was watching a game the other night and they showed this stat: ARod is 3rd in the majors in game-winning RBIs. Everybody says Jeter is so clutch, but ARod has been producing this year.

Lerra said...

The first one that came to my mind was Dennis Rodman. But that's just because he is such a freak. Other than him, I have no opinions because I am not well-educated in the athelete area. I'm guessing Baron has an opinion, though. :-)

Baron said...

I'd have to add a few Bills to the list: Bill Romanowski , Bill Laimbeer, and the infamous Bill Buckner

Roxy Wishum said...

I would add Dennis Rodman. The only reason to hesitate it that he so obviously WANTS to be hated. Also, since you included one NASCAR driver, I would suggest Tony "everybody should get out of the way and let me pass" Stewart. If I passed any of these guys stranded on the side of the road I would probably pick up any one EXCEPT Dennis Rodman.

Kat Simpson said...

Magic Johnson - made it okay to mess around on your wife and maybe give her a disease! Ya Mama