Sunday, August 06, 2006

Last list for a little

This may be my last post for a few days/weeks. I will be starting back to school Monday and with teaching and coaching my workdays should run from 7-7 (that is if there is no Varsity or JV game, in which case it would be from 7AM-11PM). So I will attempt to update as often as possible. I figured a good way to finish up would be a top 10 sitcom list.
Criteria: I have to have seen it. I have to have thought it was funny (even if looking back at it, it is not as funny as I once thought). It has to have run for several years.

10. Family Matters: Urkel. The name brings the face of this sitcom. At it's prime was a very popular clean sitcom.

9. Family Ties: Michael J. Fox in a sitcom. Before he was 40 and still looked 16.

8. Full House: Looking back this is sooooo not funny. But at the time was a great show.

7. Saved By the Bell: Another one that I don't always like to admit I watched, but was great in the 80's and early 90's. Hurt itself by trying "the college years".

6. Cosby Show: Classic show. These are sometimes still funny to watch the re-runs.

5. Everybody Loves Raymond: These are still hillarious even if I've seen the show 200 times. The characters are all great.

4. Friends: Was the top show for several years. Great actors.

3. Cheers: A classic.

2. MASH: Another that could have been number one.

1. Seinfeld: Still funny to watch, even though it is quickly getting dated. Look at the clothes they where. A show about nothing sparked many spinoff types.

Those with a chance: The Office, King of Queens, Tell me some more

5 comments:

Lerra said...

Um, excuse me, but in case you didn't hear my opinion at the dinner table today...FRIENDS should be #1. No debate. But definitely Seinfeld in a close second. And I probably would have made it a top 11 list so I could include The Office on the actual list. It's especially funny to those of us who work in an office. Oh yeah, and what about Will & Grace? Funny stuff.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ok friends def. needs to be higher. laura will attack you on that one. and im sorry you dont like my name is earl but its pretty good stuff. and SCRUBS is on my top five. random hilarity. LOVE IT.

Jamey said...

I think King of Queens should have made the real list too..and don't forget Home Improvement..it's supposedly one of the longest running sitcoms too.

Jason said...

I don't get Friends. I guess it's one of those shows you either love or hate. I just don't think it's very funny.

I'm with Ashley on Scrubs. It is the most randomly funny show I've ever seen.

Seinfeld is a classic. What about the Simpsons?

Kat Simpson said...

What's to get about friends? S E X over and over and over. That's pretty much the show, IMO, but then again, I'm the mama!