Friday, August 25, 2006

Top Ten places I'd like to go/have gone

This list will cover the top places I'd like to visit. I have been to a few, but most of these are places I'd like to go. The next list is the places I have been to that I enjoyed. Jamey and I love to travel and hope to be able to continue as we get older.

10. Italy: I'd love to go back to Rome/Florence/Pompeii and add in Milan/Venice and others to my list.

9. England/Scottland: Would enjoy seeing the coast and the terrain.

8. Australia: This is mostly for Jamey (it is one place she has always wanted to go). I'd like to see the coast and go to the Great Barrier Reef.

7. Israel: I'd love to walk the area where Jesus walked and see the things he has. I enjoy biblical history and would love to go back to the areas I read about.

6. Egypt: Would love to see the Nile, Pyramids, Sphinx.

5. Japan/China: Yes I realize these are different areas, but I figure I'd have to hit both in one trip. I'd love to see the huge cities in both places. I would also like to see the Great Wall.

4. South America: Anywhere that is not a war zone. Particularly Brazil.

3. Denver: I'd love to see my family more.

2. U.S. West: Kind of a cheat. But I'd love to do a road trip to hit: Yosimite, Mt. Rushmore, Glacier Park, Vancover, Seatle, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, 4 corners, Grand Canyon. (Yes it would be a long trip)

1. Alaskan Cruise: Jamey and I enjoy cruises and would love to do a 7 day cruise and also get to see Alaska for a few days afterward.



10. Guyana: Went there on a mission trip and enjoyed it.

9. Searcy: We loved living in this middle of nowhere place several years.

8. Chattanooga (spelling): We had a great weekend. Those in Huntsville, it is a good 3 day weekend place.

7. Football field: Doesn't matter where.

6. Huntsville: Another great place to live.

5. Gatlinburg: We had a great time on our honeymoon. I love the Christmas shops (even though it was June)

4. Florence: I enjoyed the city (even though we only had a day there)

3. Rome/Paris: We had a blast on this trip. History and love, can't do that much better.

2. Cruise to Carribean: We loved it. Went to several places, Cozumel, Cancun, Roatan. My favorite place: the ship.

1. My home: I love being at home with Jamey and Avery. (Even Curtis sometimes)

Hopefully Montgomery will be on the list soon...

6 comments:

Jamey said...

You know I'm up for all of those places! Let's start planning! (And saving.)

I think it will be interesting to see how our lists change once Avery gets older...Disney World, amusement parks, etc.

Sunny said...

The one place that I want to go more than anywhere else, is Europe. I could spend a month over there visiting all of the countries and cities. Jason has promised to take me when he finishes grad school. (It will be my payback for all of these years he's been in school).
Jason and I have always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise. Maybe we can all go on one together one day. That would be so much fun!

Jamey said...

I agree!! We should make a point to do that..it would be too much fun.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

haha! can we tag along?

Kat Simpson said...

I wanna cruise, I could be the babysitter on the boat for you all? Did you know Aunt Cyndee & Uncle Bill are headed to China for 3 weeks in September? Uncle Bill & His wife Carrie are going too, I think! Love Mama

Lerra said...

I went on a cruise once to the Bahamas and I LOVED it. It was only 3 days, and it was on the tiniest ship. So there is much room for improvement. I'd love to go again, too.

BTW, #4. Florence - Alabama? That Florence?