Monday, May 14, 2007

Update on life of the Simpson's

Well I can almost relax. Our football game went well, we won the JV game 7-0 and lost the Varsity 14-7. We fumbled twice inside the 5 yard-line, the last with 40 seconds left in a close game against a 6A school in Tuscaloosa. I was happy with the defense. We allowed 2 scores, but also forced 3 turnovers and held our own against a team with two division 1 prospects.

The next day we had our track party. I am sure Jamey http://www.jameysimpson.blogspot.com will post on this later with pictures of Avery jumping into the pool. She even liked the divingboard at the Young's house.

Mother's Day went well for the most part. Avery gave her mother her gift in the morning and we went out for lunch to celebrate. We wanted Olive Garden, but there was a 40 minute wait, so we chose Shoney's. I think Jamey enjoyed it and I promised to take her to Olive Garden some night later on, so if anyone wants to babysit...
I called my mom, but couldn't get her on the phone, so "mom happy mother's day" if you didn't get my message.

We should be able to slow down a little now. The past three weekends I have been to Mobile, Gulf Shores, and Tuscaloosa with coaching, I am ready to have date night with my girls this friday and Avery's birthday party this weekend.

3 comments:

Jamey said...

We're ready for date night too!

Thanks parents for gift cards!

Kat Simpson said...

I got your message and card, son, thank you. My phone isn't working right and I never saw your call till this AM. I'm sorry. Proud of your football and track progress and can't wait to see you all!

hugs, Mom

Stacy said...

Glad you finally got to a point where you can rest! You guys have all been busy--Take some time to be at home, and next time you're ready to have another weekend away from home it should be in HUNTSVILLE seeing your friends here who miss you!