Tuesday, May 08, 2007

NFL Preview: AFC East

I have been ready for football to start now since around the middle of March. I am hoping to do a complete breakdown of the NFL and my picks to make it all the way. If anything the NFL is known for a few surprises, and I have a few among my picks. Here is the AFC East:

1) 12-4: NY Jets. Surprise number 1 on the list. I feel the Jets made just enough moves to get better and keep the chemistry they have built. I think they are not ready to challenge to win the super bowl just yet, but will win more games than most give them credit for.

2) 11-5: New England Patriots. I have them struggling for chemistry, but think they will gel enough to be a force in the playoffs. Had they not taken Randy Moss, I think they would actually do better. Brady is the best QB in this division and the defense will get even stronger.

3) 7-9: Buffalo. They are not a good team, but do have people that can beat you in the skill positions. I feel their defense will take a big hit, losing both starting inside linebackers, but should still be solid enough to win some games.

4) 4-12: Miami. I was one of the many to be upset with Miami's picks in the draft. That aside, I don't think we signed anyone on defense other than Porter that will be an impact. Our DB's are terrible, and in a division with so many good recievers that spells trouble. I think Green will do well at QB, but see Miami inserting Beck later in the year.

7 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I have NO clue what the crap youre talking about! yeahhhhhhh!

Stacy said...

So the dolphins are taking a page from the chiefs draft book...Hey, this QB is beat up and his best years are past...LETS GET HIM!!!

Unknown said...

crap, I was logged in as stacy

Kenny Simpson said...

I was starting to respect Stacy's football mind...

Paintdropdesigns said...

I was impressed with stacy too!

Luke Dockery said...

If, like he claimed, Moss really does respect the Patriots organization and is all about the team, then he could be a huge addition.

Basically, a big gamble, but if returns to the form of his early Viking days, a big potential payoff.

Baron said...

I'm very curious to see how Moss gels with the "Patriot way". If Dillon could do it, Moss should be able to as well.
I'm not a fan of the Pats, but they made some big moves on both sides getting Thomas from Baltimore as well