Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Worst Tournament?

Is this the worst NCAA basketball tournament in recent history? Sure we've at least had 2 good games: Xavier vs OSU and Duke vs VCU, but there were not any other games that seemed to be that good. The lowest seed we have left is a 7 (already strong team that was ranked in the top 25 during the year), and all four 1 seeds are still around. Not only did it kill my bracket, but it has left a sour taste in my mouth. Three of the 2 seeds and 3 seeds are left as well. Am I the only one who feels this way?

**Also all the American Idol fans out there Elliott Yamin's CD is out and it is great. He was my favorite last year and I have been waiting on it to come out.

5 comments:

Luke Dockery said...

On the whole, the tournament has been a little disappointing, because there haven't been many big upsets, and there's no real Cinderella in the Sweet 16.

That being said, there have been several good games: Vandy vs. Wash. St., and Tennessee vs. Virginia come to mind.

Having so many high seeds left stinks from one perspective (and decimates my bracket), but should lead to some exciting heavyweight battles in the upcoming rounds (Ohio St./Texas A&M, UCLA/Kansas, etc.).

Jason said...

Vandy / Wash. St. was a great game.

I probably disagree. Although the George Masons make for nice stories come tourney time, I'm looking forward to some of the heavyweight battles that Luke referred to in the second round. It might've been a boring first round without any Cinderellas advancing, but look at the matchups we get in round two, man!

Ryan said...

I'd agree that the tourney is missing a few more Cinderellas, although Butler has to be close, and Vandy almost should qualify with its (lack of) athletic history.

Thankfully, I picked a conservative bracket that is holding up pretty well with the lack of upsets.

Lerra said...

My bracket seems to be doing ok. :-)

Did you see Elliot's new teeth & hair? He looks like a completely different person!!

Kenny Simpson said...

He does, but I liked the music.