Thursday, March 01, 2007

Important Issues in the upcoming presidential election

With the elections in the news already it has caused me to think about what are the issues that make me (or anyone) want to vote for a candidate. I have listed several issues. I will tell and rank what I feel is most important. Tell me what you feel is most important.

Issues

1) Morals: I know this is probably the hardest to judge. What are the morals you are looking for, who really believes in what they say, who will follow through with promises. To me this is an issue that is the most important, but is also the most debated about which candidate is the "most moral".

2) Abortion: I have heard over and over that this issue cannot be changed through legislation. And to a point I would agree, my issue is not wanting abortion laws to become more progressive.

3) Protection/Global issues: I am pro-military and in support of opposing terror. I am not a fan of how this war was run, but think we must have a force in other nations to protect our interests and protect our people. To me that is goal number 1 of the government, to protect it's citizens.

4) Economy: How does the candidate deal with Social Security/Retirement? What about Medical insurance? Is he in favor of leaving the people to handle their own money, or will he/she try to control the economy? What about the welfare system?

5) Sanctity of marriage: I think this is a very important issue, but it is more in the hands of the church to get out the message that homosexulity is wrong, not the government. I am in favor of keeping "marriage" privelages to only heterosexual couples though.

6) Charisma: I think it is very important that our next president be a person of charisma.

7) Enviromental issues: Not real high on my list, but I do think we ought to do what we can, although I am not convinced of actual global warming, as there are diffent sources with different information.

8) Experience: Another issue that does not really matter to me. If they have it good. But at the level of running for the Presidency all the candidates have enough.

What did I leave off? What are your more important issues?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is the difference between "morals," "abortion," and same-sex marriage? seems like it all falls under morals to me.

Kenny Simpson said...

Morals to me is the man/womans character as a person, not what they would vote for.