Monday, March 26, 2007

Tournament notes

-- Got 3 of 4 in my "main bracket". The one I am competing with my wife (I am actually going to beat her this year for the first time in a long while). Didn't pick OSU who should have lost not one, but two different times already. Have Florida winning it all.

--Love that UNC choked. Tyler Hansborough may be the most over-rated player in America. The kid travels almost every time he touches the ball. He may shoot free throws well, but he better be glad he is not going against Oden in the next round and potentially Hortford/Noah/Richards in the finals.

--Had some exciting games, it would have completely made my day if OSU had been knocked off by Tennessee. I really felt the refs allowed OSU back into the game, calling 10 fouls in the first 8 minutes of action. Loften did help by heaving several ill-advised 3's.

--Speaking of refs. Is there any other sport that is dictated as much by the refs as basketball? I don't think there is.

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Stinks to lose. :(

Roxy Wishum said...

First, allow me to acknowledge that I am no expert on calling basketball games. But it does seem that walking, palming, and brute force are tolerated far beyond the written rules. The number of steps allowed has expanded in proportion to the length of the shorts. Back in my day......

Luke Dockery said...

The Tennessee game was a heartbreaker for me, and I agree that the refs were key to OSU getting back into the game in the second half.

Lofton did put up some questionable shots, but the guy is a shooter, and Tennessee lives and dies by his performance.

Besides, what else could they do? Go inside against Oden, who was no longer being called for fouls?

Kenny Simpson said...

Luke: I just hate seeing freshman like Conley get to the free throw line 15 times a game when they are just getting bumped a little.