Monday, March 05, 2007

A weekend of championships

I had a great sports weekend this past Saturday and Sunday. First off I was able to watch my old team (Madison Academy) win the 3A state title. Led by a former player of mine, Kerron Johnson 10th grader, MA came from 18 points down in the 3rd quarter to win state for the second year in a row. We had a great time with Jon and Stacy and Chris and Dawn at the game as well.

Next it was time for my upward team of 5th and 6th graders to play for the "championship". We managed to pull out a thrilling 29-27 win. It was by far more intense that I would have ever have imagined Upward basketball could be. I am not sure the spirit of what Upward is about took place during this game as we had coaches (not me or my assistant) get warned several times for coming on the court to argue a call. We had parents chanting back and forth. At times I literally forgot we were in my church playing Upward basketball.

And finally, on Sunday my Flordia Gators snapped out of a funk by beating the Kentucky Wildcats. Goooooo Gators...

3 comments:

Jamey said...

The Madison Academy game was very exciting! Glad it turned out in our favor.

(Avery's doing the Gator chomp!)

jasonk said...

Congrats on your former team, your Upward team, and yours and my daughter's boyfriend's Florida Gators. I thought those Gators were done for sure.
Sounds like you had a winning weekend!

Anonymous said...

Kenny, I was online googling info on Kerron and came across your site. Glad to see you were able to make the game, Kerron is going to be so excited to know you were there. I hope you and your family are doing great. Tell Jamey we said hello.

Kerry Johnson