Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Reality Shows: American Idol and Survivor

I love Reality TV. I haven't really been into American Idol until the last two episodes. The overall talent is not near what it has been, but there are a few good artists. My favorite from last season Elliott Yamin placed 3rd and I just bought his debut album (it is very good). My next favorite was Chris Daughtry (his CD is good as well) who placed 6th.

My favorite this season is Blake. I feel he is the most unique or the entire group and could see myself buying a CD from him. There are others that are good as well including...




Phil Stacey. He is coming on strong after what I thought was a slow start. Not sure I'd buy his album, but he is a good singer.






The future winner Melinda Dolittle. I am not sure she will pull it off, but her voice is great. Surprisingly though, I don't see myself getting her album.




Who's gone tonight? Probably him




Onto Survivor. It is one of my favorite shows. The tribes have now been divided again. I am rooting for several on the islands, but one I am ready to see go is Rocky. What a punk. I'll post more after Thursday's show.






8 comments:

Lindsay said...

I totally agree with you on Rocky, but Lisi is pretty bad too. I've never watched Survivor until this year, but it's pretty good. American Idol is ok this season, I'm pulling for Jordin.

Lerra said...

I LOVE BLAKE LEWIS :-)

Brooke Shands said...

I love Blake too!!! I started posting the same kind of post...look for it later!

Jamey said...

Blake is my favorite too. Chris Slye (sp?) should not have gone before Hayley (isn't that her name).

jasonk said...

You called it. Good job.

Blake is unique, he has a good singing voice, and the beat boxing thing is pretty cool.

Phil Stacy gets on my nerves. He sings just a little beyond his range.

Melinda is my favorite, and she will probably win. I really like her, because she is the strongest musician in the group.

Jason said...

I'm completely with you on the Rocky thing. Dude is a punk. I'm hoping he's gone soon.

The talent on AI has done better the last few weeks, but you're right: it's not what it's been in years past. I don't really have a favorite at this point...I'm just rooting each week for Sanjaya to go home!

Kenny Simpson said...

Thanks to JasonK's investigative work I knew the bottom two. And unfortunately that Sanjay is in the top 4 at this point.

Kenny Simpson said...

JasonB: I am hoping Rocky gets the boot tonight!!