Friday, October 13, 2006

Top Ten College Games Remaining

With UF going to Auburn this week it got me to thinking of what were the top games left this season. As many of you know I love top ten lists, so here are my top 10 college games left this season. Obviously it does not include championship games or bowl games, these are games that are already scheduled.


10. Tennessee vs Arkansas: This game will determine alot about both teams. If Arkansas can pull the win off I see them as no worse than in first in the West of the SEC. If Tennessee wins they stay in the shadows of FLA in the East and help out Auburn's hopes of playing in the SEC championship.

9. USC vs. Cal: Proabably for the Pac 10 championship. Every team not in the Pac 10 will be pulling for Cal to upset the Trojans and keep them out of the championship game for the 3rd straight year.

8. Nebraska vs. Missouri: Normally the North of the Big 12 is a joke. Not so this year with Nebraska at 5-1 and Missouri at 6-0. The winner here gets their shot at Texas and a BCS bowl game.


7. FLA vs FSU: I know FSU is not looking good. But if FLA manages to get through the rough part of the schedule unscathed, look out for the Noles. This could be FLA's fall game before the SEC championship game.

6. Clemson vs GTech: The winner here is my pick to have a great shot at a BCS. GTech has only one loss (to Notre Dame) and Clemson is as dangerous as anyone in the country right now.

5. Arkansas vs LSU: This game will be huge for the hogs if they want to have a shot at a BCS game. Same for any chances of LSU.

4. Notre Dame vs. USC: This is big for the bowls. If ND wins, pencil them into a big game. If USC wins and takes the Pac 10...sadly I think they go to the BCS regaurdless of what FLA can do.

3. Florida vs Auburn: If FLA wins 2 things happen. 1) Arkansas is in the championship game in the west. 2) FLA will go into FSU undefeated. If Auburn wins, the conference is up for grabs on both sides.

2. West Virginia vs Louisville: The winner of this is in a BCS bowl game, and has a chance to play in the Championship game if things go their way. I like WVU and Louisville against any other team in the country and would love to see one of them win it all.

1. Ohio State vs. Michigan: Talk about huge. This will be for a birth in the Championship game assuming both can do what they need to leading up to this point.

Let me know what you think. My picks:

10. Tennessee
9. USC
8. Nebraska
7. Florida
6. Geogia Tech
5. LSU
4. USC
3. Auburn
2. West Virginia
1. Ohio State

8 comments:

Jamey said...

so much for the nap, huh?

Kenny Simpson said...

Didn't get the nap. Did sleep on desk for about 5 min.

Unknown said...

10. Hogs pull it out, they are playing in Fayetteville.
9. Cal - Washingtong showed us tha t SC is beatable with a little better clock mangement
8. Missouri pulls it out, after surviving Techs offense they showed they can rally and play defense.
7.Florida - Meyer has his offense rolling and the defense comes to play every game. FSU is on a downhile slide after watching NCS embarass them.
6.GT - too many weapons
5. Gotta go with the Hogs, just dont' know about Les Miles, perhaps an overratted coach but we will see next year when his recruits start to play.
4. ND - Weiss gets em going this year, no bull crap spots by the refs this year.
3. Florida - Tubberville just can't get em up for this one, homecoming or not. AU makes excuses for losing to the hogs, they whinned about how many of their offensive players were banged up, really offense cuz I could of swore I watched McFadden and Jones spank you like a bunch of red-headed step children.
2. Too close to call this one. Like both teams but if I have to pick one I am going with the man Steve Slayton and the Mountaineers.
1. I have only pulled for Ohio State and Texas once in my lifetime, Texas against USC and Ohio State against Texas (both times). But Big Blue gets it going. This year once they get started they don't stop and sit on a lead. I smell a title game for the wolverines.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jon: My picks for Championship USC vs. Ohio State.

What I'd love to see...UF vs Michigan

Jamey said...

If it turns out to be UF vs. Michigan; we're planning a trip so we can all watch it together!

mr.simmons said...

Can I pick? Did I mention I am also a fan of the MTSU Blue Raiders, only because I go to school there.

10.Tennessee
9. USC
8. Nebraska
7. Florida
6. Clemson
5. LSU
4. USC
3. Auburn
2. West Virginia
1. Ohio State

Kenny Simpson said...

Simmons: Right on with my picks.

Jason said...

I agree with all your picks, Kenny, except I'll take Clemson over GT.