Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Flag Football Update


This weekend the "Old Man" club had our first practice and scrimmage. We had 9 guys come out, but were probably missing our best two athletes who had other things to do, how dare them :). We realized quickly that we did not have a whole lot of speed and that the ball-control offense would have to be used. After about 30 minutes of going over offense and defense we scrimmaged the best club at Faulkner to see how we matched up with the other teams.
We each got the ball 5 times from our twenty to drive the ball. We ended up losing 21-20 in a pretty close game. I hope once we add those two that were missing we can look a little better on defense (we were struggling at the end). But I felt pretty good that we did not look too bad against the best Faulkner has to offer.
We play this Saturday so be sure to check back for updates...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

"I not as good as once was but I am as good once as I ever was.." - Toby Keith.


HA HA HA 100 on your test. Lucky guess on the basketball record though.

Jamey said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles!

Just kidding. I'm glad you're getting to play football again. Even if it is in the form of 'flag' football.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jon: I my stories of HU football get better and better as I get slower and slower. At this rate Avery will beat me in a race in the 3rd grade.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jamey: I expect a sign.

Lerra said...

What do you mean, your best two players didn't make it? I thought Baron & Shane were there. ;-)

Kat Simpson said...

Have a blast sweetheart! But no more broken bones, okay? Hate to tell you but not only do you slow down as you get older, you heal slower, LOL. Love ya, Mom

Kenny Simpson said...

I'll try to not break anything mom.

Kenny Simpson said...

Laura: I said most athletic, not best players:) Baron was there. Ask him about his interception.

Baron said...

it was a thing of beauty :)

Kenny Simpson said...

Although if I remember correctly you almost had 2...