Thursday, October 26, 2006

60 civilians said killed in Afghanistan

Is it just me or is anyone else tired of hearing headlines like this one.

60 civilians said killed in Afghanistan

Don't get me wrong I am sad for the loss of any life, American or other. I just want to tell the Iraqi or Afahani "forces"..."QUIT BLOWING YOURSELF UP". I am tired of hearing how the U.S. is causing all the losses of the innocent civilians in suicide bombs. I don't remember hearing about us strapping a bomb to one of our soldiers chests and having him blow himself and several others up.

This probably follows the same line of logic as those who say we brought 9-11 on ourselves. I mean if we'd just allow the Muslims in Jerusalem to have the city to themselves and kick those Jews out, none of this would have been needed. We ought to be nice to these people or they'll blow a plane up in our cities.

For all the people that tell me we ought not be over there. I have yet to hear a realistic way to solve the problem in the middle east. Just like in coaching, it is much easier to critic from the sidelines, than be in the heat of it trying to do what you feel is right.

One blog that I found through Roxy has this article that is done much more elequent than I could ever do check out this blog www.1starfish.blogspot.com

14 comments:

Jamey said...

Tell us how you really feel... :)

Kat Simpson said...

I think you said it all very well, son. You know the movie out now 'Flags of our Fathers'? Well, maybe what we need is to get the stories of some of our IRAQ soldier heroes out there instead of the constant 'body count' headlines. Like the Marine who threw himself on the grenade thrown at his unit because it had a short fuse and they couldn't get rid of it. Ever see THAT story in the news? Cynical MamaKat - who is in the middle of my first CO blizzard!

Jason said...

I'm tired of these headlines, too, but not my reasons are spiritual, not political.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jamey: I am not known for beating around the bush.

Kenny Simpson said...

Mom: Many strories are being told, but not many are honoring those who have died.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jason: I hate to see people die of any nationality, especially any innocent people, just am tired of hearing how we are forcing people to blow themselves up.

Jason said...

I know, me too. I just hate how the media will use the deaths of people as a platform to push their propaganda. I'm not as anti-media as a lot of people are, but I grow sick of the dehumanization of others.

Anonymous said...

yah. I hear ya.

Unknown said...

What I am sick of is the 'Left' taking people like Cindy Sheehan and warping their minds to dishonor their own loved ones who willingly gave their lives for our freedoms.

Wonder how long WWII would have lasted with headlines like "2,700 men lost on D-Day!!!" or "2,900 killed or wounded in 36 day battle on Iwo Jima!!!". Those in the media that leak info should be locked up in Sing Sing until the end of the war then tried for treason.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jon: Agree that is what I was trying to say with the blog. You really need to read the blog I put at the bottom, it has a great story of a converted muslim talking about her experiences in the Middle East.

Kat Simpson said...

Mom: Many strories are being told, but not many are honoring those who have died.

EXACTLY. I agree with your point. What we need are more POSITIVE stories about the difference our troops are making over there. THey are out there, just dont' fit the 'pattern' of what the Major media WANT to report. BTW, did you see that the BBC has now embedded one of their reporters WITH THE TALIBAN? MamaKat

Anonymous said...

Kenny, I totally agree, it terrifies me to think of what kind of world we are raising our children in. Our church up here is mainly military and it's such a different attitude than the media and it really makes things personal to think that we know at least 20 guys that are over there right now...oh yeah, and Brandon's little sister Larena, her husband Brandon is stationed in South Korea right now, so if ya'll could say a little prayer for him when you think about it, she would appreciate it. Keep up the venting!!

Jamey said...

Thanks for the comments. I do think we need a little appreciation for what has been done for us.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jon: Thanks for stopping by. It is nice to see a different point of view, but I think you helped the case I was making...
All the points you made(Suicide bombs, 9-11, fixing the problem in the middle east) are right on line with what I was trying to say. We are not the reason these people act the way they do.
Yes the situation over there looks bleak, but what were the alternatives, sit back and wait to be hit again or fix the problem.