Friday, October 27, 2006

Is it alright to be proud?

Is it alright to be proud of circumstances? I sure hope so. I am tired of people that are not proud of the things they have been blessed with. Too many times do I hear people that are not proud of who they are. I am not advocating being arrogant, just realizing that we are blessed.
I am proud to be a Chrisitian, although I myself am not better than anyone else, I serve a savior who is superior to other gods. It may just be something that bothers me, but it is alright to be a Christian!! How will people become followers if we do not show that this belief is superior to others? Again, I am not better than others, but my God and Savior are. If I don't feel that way, then why would I be a Christian?
I am proud of the country I live. Maybe at times too proud. I am not ashamed that I live in a country that gives me the freedom to worship anywhere I would choose. I am not ashamed that I live in a country that defends those who are oppressed and protects its citizens. I am tired of reading blogs like this "But for now, just enjoy your mid-morning coffee knowing that we live in pretty much one of the dumber countries of the world".
I am proud of what I do for a living. Not many talk against that so I'll move on.

Sorry to vent in two posts in a row, but sometimes I wonder if we realize how blessed we are...

10 comments:

Kenny Simpson said...

Yeah, I'm not the most subtle person in the world.
The "proud" I was using was not referring to being boastful. I have pride in what Jesus did for me, does that mean I am boastful? I would hope not.

Jeff and Beth said...

Don't be too proud of your softball abilities. LOL

Roxy Wishum said...

Kenny; I agree with the sentiment and attitude. Do you think the word "thankful" might be substituted for "proud"? For most, the word pride insinuates self-confidence while thankful indicates appreciating what has been done FOR us rather than BY us.

Kat Simpson said...

Roxy, I think you've got the crux of the matter. Son, I don't want to go all 'it depends on what alone means' on you, but I think the very word PRIDE just causes the negative reaction. I'm very Proud to be both a Christian and an American. However, that pride is based in GRATITUDE . . . . . Love ya, MamaKat

Jamey said...

Thankful would be a better word.

Kat Simpson said...

Good call, Jamey!

mamakat

Jamey said...

Kenny is posing as me!

He keeps forgetting to see who he's signed in as on our home computer...too funny.

I'm just glad he doesn't go around saying mean things. People might think it was me!

Kat Simpson said...

Don't give him any ideas, LOL MamaKat

www.myspace.com/katskloset

Unknown said...

Paul boasted quite a bit, actually. Re-read 2 Corinthians.

Kat Simpson said...

I was thinking the same thing, Jon; well put. MamaKat