Tuesday, October 17, 2006

BCS poll

This is my blog on the BCS. Sometimes I feel you could take the "C" out of it, but this time they are pretty close to correct. Here is the current rankings.



1. Ohio State: They should be #1. They will be #1 all the way to the Michigan game. I can't see them losing to Michigan, so I guess they will be in the BCS Championship game. Hopefully they will play a good team, I can't stand OSU.




2. USC: The most underated team that has only lost a game in 3 years. They are being chosen to lose every week, but still are finding a way to get it done. I think they will run the table in the pac 10. I can't see Cal beating them, but Notre Dame could.

3. Michigan: Finally producing with all that talent, we'll see if they are still unbeaten when they get a shot at THE Ohio State University. I still think they could be upset before the game, and beat OSU to ruin their chances (at least that is what I am hoping for).

4. Auburn: Don't get me wrong here. I don't have a problem with Auburn, but to put them ahead of an undefeated tallented team does not make sense to me. Yes they play in the SEC, and if they'd lost to a very good SEC team that would make sense...They lost to ARKANSAS. Auburn will not lose another game, unfortunately they will still not be in the SEC Championship game, because I think the Hogs beat Tennessee.




5. West Virginia: They are my pick to be the team that gets messed over this year. I hope for their sake, that there is not a 1-loss team playing for the national title. I think they go undefeated and FLA still gets to go.
6. Florida: Good spot for FLA. I might have put them under Lousiville. Although, I think they are better than Auburn, they lost to them, so they should be underneath them in the rankings. Florida will not lose again. And when they beat the Hogs in the SEC Championship they will have a good chance to sneak into the title game.
7. Louisville: Another hopeful team that might go undefeated and not get a chance to play for the national title. I do not see them beating WVU, but if they do, they deserve to at least get a chance to go to the BCS Championship.
8. Notre Dame: Please beat USC. I don't think they can go to the BCS Championship, but they can mess it up for USC. They'll play in the orange bowl again.
9. Texas: Not real impressed with them, but they will finish with one loss this year. Going to the Rose to play the Michigan/OSU loser.
10. Cal: Tennessee might debate this ranking. They will lose again and not be in this spot.

My pick for what it will look like in the end.
1. OSU: I'd like them to lose to Michigan, but cannot see it happening.
2. USC: I don't think Notre Dame beats them at home.
3. FLA: They win the SEC with one loss and a blocked punt keeps them out of the title game.
4. WVU: They go undefeated and hopefully play FLA in an exciting game.
5. Auburn: They do not lose again and get a bowl spot.
6. Texas: Will not lose a game from here on out and will play Michigan is Rose Bowl.
7. Michigan: They may lose two games and still get in the rose bowl.
8. Boise State: I don't see them losing and hope the get invited to a BCS game, so they get killed.
9. Notre Dame: They lose to USC, but still get into a BCS (They now have 5 BCS games).
10. Louisville: Lose a close one to WVU and have to watch a sub-par ACC team take their spot in the BCS series.

Tell me how wrong I am.

5 comments:

nhe said...

You don't have an ACC team in a BCS spot - they're champ automatically goes.

Kenny Simpson said...

They will go. Look at the last spot, a legit top 10 will have to watch one of them get in instead.

Unknown said...

Agree it should be the BS series, you know I am a die hard OU fan but I can't help but feel that a 1 loss team shouldn't play for the title, it should have Miami and Auburn playing LSU and Auburn but oh well you guys got screwed and we embarrased ourselves.

I think, if if if Michigan doesn't get caught looking past Iowa this weekend will beat OSU, they almost did it last year and this year have a far superior defense compared to last year.

Texas might squeek it out but a Big XII North team could pull out an upset.

USC gets beat by ND, too many close calls with Wash and ASU, althought Cal might knock them off earlier.

I think if Auburn doesn't get to go to the SEC Champ then that taints Fla loss to them and if WVU goes undefeated that could put them ahead of them.


I would like to see a rematch of Texas/Michigan. Think it would be a different story this year.

mr.simmons said...

I have yet to understand the BCS. I do not know why Cal. was ranked ahead of UT. The PAC-10 is conference that the media loves, so I can understand that, but how does team that UT beat get ranked ahead of them? Also, the PAC-10 is a weak conference. USC is not as good as people say the are. Again, I believe it has to do with the media, such as ESPN.

Kenny Simpson said...

Simmons: I do not think the PAC 10 is as strong as some believe. But if anything I believe ESPN has an eastcoast bias. Look at College basketball: Duke or UNC. No one respects USC which has only lost one game (at the last second) in 3 years.