Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Growing up


I have recently started noticing Avery as a little girl. For awhile she was a baby, but not is clearly a girl. I noticed this first when she starting drawing me pictures. These of course are colorful scribbles. But are done with a purpose by her.


I then saw Avery play at the park. She would not accept help for things she could do. Including the slide, bridges, and any other area she could go to. She was becoming a little girl.

Yesterday we spent the day at the fair. She enjoyed the shows (which we expected). She loved the sealions. But I was curious to see how she would handle the rides. After easing her into it with the giant slide with mom and teacups. I took her on the Merry-go-round. She enjoyed it so we decided to let her on the bumper boats by herself. Despite the sign that said the child had to be over 1 and 1/2 and over 36 inches (although she is close to that height) we let her ride it. She loved it. She rode it 3 times and was upset everytime she had to get out of the boats. She was by far the youngest kid on the ride, but you wouldn't have known it by looking at her. So we became a little more bold and got her onto another "big kid" ride. Despite being put with other older kids that she did not know, she did very well. I am sure Jamey will blog on this later with pictures so I'll stop there.

Even though she is growing up I will always view her as my little girl.

7 comments:

Jamey said...

She's the best little girl ever! And she's starting to get you wrapped around her little finger!!!

Unknown said...

You're done, fineto, finished. Whipped.

I know, I know I am not to far behind you.

Roxy Wishum said...

Nice thoughts. Welcome to the rollercoaster. A few weeks ago I was exactly where you are. Now three adults call me daddy. It is a fast ride--you are wise to enjoy it.

Kenny Simpson said...

Can't imagine when she is old enough to have her own children.

Kenny Simpson said...

I am whipped. Now by 2 girls.

Sunny said...

They grow up so quickly! Glad you guys are able to soak up each moment along the way!

Kat Simpson said...

Just keep loving her and enjoy the ride, my little baby boy. Love ya, MamaKat