Sunday, July 23, 2006

Top Ten Lists


One of my favorite things is to make top 10 lists. I drive Jamey crazy at times asking her over and over to help me with my lists. She usually is very helpful, for the first couple of hours and then is ready for me to move on. The first list I have for you is my top 10 actors. I couldn't just come up with one so here is the first of several. This list is the top 10 Comedy (actually top 12). The criteria is: the actor has to have played in at least a few movies (no only TV guys or one shot wonders). Here you go:


1. Robin Williams
2. Steve Martin
3. Billy Crystal
4. Eddie Murphy
5. Will Farell
6. Adam Sandler
7. Chris Farley
8. Chris Tucker
9. Ben Stiller
10. Jim Carrey
11. Wilson Brothers (the one with the crooked nose is funnier)
12. Jamie Foxx


Comments are welcome. Let me know who you feel I left off that deserved to be here. Still to come... Romantic, Action, Supporting, Honorable Mention, Overall.

10 comments:

Roxy Wishum said...

Good list. Robin Williams is a genius! If I were able to choose one person from the list to take on a road trip, it would be Robin Williams. I wonder if your list would be the same from Will Ferell on down if you weren't exposed to junior high kids so much?

Lerra said...

I totally agree with the list!!! Although I think I would have to add Steve Carell. He is hilarious.

Jamey said...

Robin Williams is hilarious. Although, from what I've seen in recent interviews from him and people who have been in movies with him, I hear that's truly him...all the time. I don't know if I could deal with someone who is that silly all the time!

Hope you all like lists because Kenny is king of them...wait until you see his restaraunt list. ;)

Jamin said...

Good list, but you did leave off a major actor.....I don't see Chevy Chase on there anywhere, surely you cannot deny him his right as one of the best comedy actors.

Jamin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley @ pure and lovely said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ummm yeah. not so much a big robin williams fan. i feel like if I met him in a dark alley he'd molest me and then dispose of my murdered body. creepy guy. and what was up with his last movie? something about campers and racoons. trying a little too hard to be funny if you ask me. I think the criteria should also be that they last past the 80's in their careers. sorry. maybe harsh, but true...oh and ADAM SANDLER hands down. I LOVE all his movies. guess im a slap stick stupid movie kinda gal...don't make me think. i want to be entertained...

Kenny Simpson said...

I do have some younger ones on the list. Would agree with Mike Myers, Chevy Chase (although I'm not a huge fan of his), Bill Murray. Impressive ideas.

Jason said...

Leslie Neilsen of Airplane and the Naked Gun Series is great. Chevy Chase should be up there, too -- Fletch and the Vacation Series were hilarious.

I'm probably the only dude in the world that can't stand Will Ferrell. He just doesn't do it for me. Although I did see a preview for Talladega Nights the other day and it actually looks pretty good. I think the rest of his stuff is dung.

Kenny Simpson said...

Farrell in Elf and Anchor Man was pretty good. Another one not on is Chris Katan (Corky Romano).