Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Action/ And my daughters obsession with phones

"Hew-wo"

Recently Avery has learned a new word. "Hello" or as she says it "Hew-wo". This has become her new thing. Today at football workouts she was given a stopwatch to keep her busy. As I heard laughter from the area she was I tuned to see her having a complete conversation (in whatever language she speaks. We think it is a mix of Russian and Chinese now.) on the stop watch. Then at lunch without any prompting she put her hand to her ear and started a conversation (something like: "Hew-wo, laksjflkjfa al;kfjlkjsdfl ;lasjflfkjafklj, bye-bye") with her hand.

Now onto action actors. Something I am much more comfortable in. Again my criteria is actors that I have seen. These guys are men's men. People we'd all like to be if trouble came around. Some may not have the most skills in speaking, but when you can bench press 450, no one is too concerned about the eloquence in which you speak.
Onto the list:

Top Ten Action

1. Bruce Willis: The man among men. Even with the receding hairline he is the man (so there is hope for me still). His Die Hard series is one of the best.

2. Jean-Claude Van Damm: "Bloodsports" were unreal. This guy is not a great actor, but man can he put on a fight scene. I cringe in some of the scenes, but his fight scenes make it worth watching his movies.

3. Clint Eastwood: Many great movies where he was the man.

4. John Wayne: The name or action stars. Would be higher if I'd seen more of his movies.

5. Will Smith: One of my personal favorites, because of his comedy in action movies. Could make a case for him with the comic actors as well.

6. Jackie Chan: The human stunt man.

7. Sylvester Stallone: Rambo, Rocky, need I say more.

8. Vin Deisel: The name alone is great, but in XXX and Fast an Furious did a great job.

9. Steven Segal: Great actor in many B-rated movies, with a few that were good.

10. Colin Farell: New actor that has done well so far. Much of this will depend on Miami Vice.

11. Arnold Schwartznegger: The Governator is a must for the list.

12. Sean Connery: Great in all the Bonds. Also has done well in movies like "The Rock".

Honorable Mention: Pierce Brosman, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Val Kilmer, Wesley Snipes, Harrison Ford.

Let the comments fly. Next up will be the Supporting actors (a top 15 list)...

9 comments:

Jamey said...

Well, I think it's great that Avery is using her imagination at such a young age. She has plenty of play phones, but loves to improvise when needed (stopwatches, hands, nametags, etc.)

I don't think I'll ever get why Bloodsport is such a great movie to guys. You have to wonder about a man who does the splits in every single movie in which he appears.

Baron said...

Gotta show some love for my man Wesley Snipes. The Blade series are some of my favorite movies and the man can kick butt and take names.

Glad to see we have another big Will Smith fan in the group. He is hilarious and bad all at the same time.

Kenny Simpson said...

I thought the women would love the splits of Van Damm (after all he is normally in his underware). Wesley Snipes was a close one on my list. He was also good in Passenger 57 and a few others.

Unknown said...

Well, I guess we all cave in sooner or later. But seriously, romantic actors? C'mon.

Kenny Simpson said...

Come on now you bunch of Homophobes. Sometimes it takes a good looking man (myself) to be able to point out others that women find attractive. Also, I did every type of actor I could think of (major categories). BTW I would take a stab that Jon has seen about 10 times more romantic comedies than I have...

Jason said...

I figured Ahnold would be higher up on your list. He's the king of the cheesey action-flick one-liners.

John Wayne. Nice.

Eastwood's the man. No way do you mess with him.

But dude, I gotta call you out on not listing Harrison Ford. He's Han Solo AND Indiana Jones. He'd be my #1, hands down.

Roxy Wishum said...

I believe I can take Will Smith.

Kenny Simpson said...

Harrison will be on the overall top 10 don't worry.

Kat Simpson said...

I do love Van Damm splits, LOL
Your Mama