Sunday, July 23, 2006

Intro to blogging

Avery and Lawson giving my favorite sign


This is my first ever blog. At least on the internet. I hope to update somewhat often, depending on what sport season is going on. I have to acknowledge that I first felt blogging was for those of us still in puberty. However after reading several of my post-pubescent friends blogs I have decided to start my own. I figure my ramblings about all things unimportant are just as much fun to read as anyone elses so why not waste more of your time by having you read my blog.
Throughout the year I will be posting on some of the extremely intelligent things that 8th graders will say in my class (no names). As any of you know who work with (or are even remotely involved with) 14 year olds know, they tend to speak before thinking. I'll also be posting on the two loves of my life, my wife and little girl. And fear not sports fans I'll have a little time to put some thoughts on the upcoming year in football (high school, college, and pro). Yes all you who live in Alabama there is PRO FOOTBALL as well.
Well till later signing off,
Coach K

8 comments:

Jamey said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I knew we would get ya!

Jamin said...

Welcome to the blogging world my friend, I look forward to hearing the adventures of your 8th graders.

Roxy Wishum said...

I will be checking in to see if you can maintain sanity while dealing with 8th graders regularly.
Do you coach old geezers in track? We may be less mature than 14 year-olds. Welcome to blogging.

Jason said...

Welcome, bro. I started my blogging as an outlet to reach some of our teens. Now I think I enjoy it as much as they do. You and I could probably write a book on some of the goofball things kids say. Looking forward to keeping in touch with you via the blogging world.

Jason said...

Hey dude, just wanted to let you know my blog is called Already & Not Yet. You've got it as Almost & Not Yet on your links.

Sunny said...

Touchdown!

Yeah Kenny! I am glad that you are blogging. I have to admit that it is so addictive. Hope things are going well for you guys.

Kenny Simpson said...

Do coach the old ones in track and football, they also say some pretty intelligent things.

Lerra said...

Hey, welcome to the blog world! May you become as addicted as the rest of us. Well, ok, maybe not quite as addicted as Ashley. :-)