Monday, July 24, 2006

Romance Actors

Now I do not claim to be a Romantic expert (except today when I brought Jamey home several roses, guys I recommend the fresh market for many flowers for not too much), but with the help of my wife and a few friends here is my shot at the top romance actors. Again there are many I am not going to remember since I am just 26 years old. The "Gone with the Wind" type actors will not be on this list. These are guys I have seen on film (although I have only seen 10 romantic movies in my life, at least I claim). My list is based on acting skills, and who if I were a woman I'd go to the movies to watch.
The List:

Top 10 Romantic

1. Richard Gere: Pretty Woman sealed it for me. If I were a woman I'd marry him.

2. Kevin Costner: It's stinkin Kevin Costner, come on...

3. Tom Hanks: Good in all areas, but great in Sleepless in Seattle, and You've got mail

4. Matthew McCaughnehey: Voted Sexiest man recently

5. Ben Affleck: Great actor, slightly good looking

6. George Clooney: The movie with JLo was very good

7. Jonny Depp: My wife's pick. Can't imagine why...

8. Hugh Grant: In several romance movies

9. James Dean: For the older readers

10. Leonardo DiCaprio: Titanic (Too feminine for my taste, but many like him)

Well start the criticing. This will be my weakest list, as I do not watch many romance movies (but I do buy flowers). Up next Action...

15 comments:

Jason said...

I'm not sure a dude should be posting a list of the best romantic actors. Just feels wrong, man.

What about a list of the top romance actresses or something?

Sunny said...

I like your list and agree with all!

I also like Tom Cruise!

So sweet of you to bring home flowers to Jamey.

Sunny said...

Maybe Orlando Bloom too!

Kenny Simpson said...

I couldn't name 10 actresses, they are all the same to me (about 5'11 110 pounds...)
Tom Cruise is a favorite.

Jamey said...

I don't think it's fair that I was not recently asked who I thought should be on this list. Johnny Depp was from about five years ago..he's gotten weird.

Kenny gets bonus points for the flowers, but you must know it's not like he does that everyday.

Jason, I was surprised too that Kenny chose to do a top ten on romance actors...especially without more input from me! ;)

Jason said...

Tom Cruise is a freakshow. Plus he's like twice as old as his wife. Creepy.

I'm glad you started this blog, Kenny. I never knew my wife had a crush on Orlando Bloom. Now I'll definitely have to make that list of actresses!

Jason said...

You brought home roses? Did you guys have a fight or something?

Kenny Simpson said...

No fight I'm just romantic like that, yeah...
Sometimes flowers say I'm sorry, sometimes I was stupid. This time it was both.

Jamin said...

I'm with Jason, Tom Cruise is a creep and and should go live at neverland with Michael. And I also agree that it seems odd that a dude is making a list of other dudes that girls find hot.

Oh and stop making the rest of us look bad with that flower thing.

Roxy Wishum said...

I would also like to see Johnny Depp live on the ranch with Michael and Tom. Way too much hip swivel for a pirate! I need to know, however, what about him puts him on most girls list? Really, what is it? Muscles? Intellect? Charm? Grooming? Eye makeup? Can't see it.

Baron said...

hmmmm...still a little uncomfortable with the line "1. Richard Gere: Pretty Woman sealed it for me. If I were a woman I'd marry him."

even if it's true...don;t know that I would broadcast it on the world wide web :)

Jamey said...

I kinda wondered about that first line too Baron.

He claims it was sarcasm!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

gah! these comments! mathew is at the top of my list. Id make out with him. what?? and tom cruise...jamins comment said it best. I hate him after the whole scientology expo he had being all anti depression...part of me hopes katie holmes gets it, so he'll have to admit he was wrong. either that or hell dump her.

Lerra said...

Ok, look, y'all. You can't consider freakiness when you're making a top 10 list of romantic actors, or comedy actors, or anything. It's about looks & acting ability. And sense of humor, of course. Anyway, I'm sure there are more freaks in Hollywood that just don't advertise their freakiness.

Kat Simpson said...

Okay, it's your MOTHER. List is pretty good but . . . where's Arnie?