Monday, February 05, 2007

Workin' at the Carwash and the rest of the weekend

This weekend was a busy one for the Simpson's. First on Friday night we went to "game night" at the Mills. After throughly dominating the game "25 Words or less", I did not do so well with Catchphrase (which in my opinion requires absolutely no skill).

Next came the Carwash on Saturday. We had set a goal of $1000 for the day. I thought that would be a bit optimistic. So my goal was $500 or more. After several hundred cars on a balmy 40 degree day, we made $1400. We will now hopefully not have to do another fundraiser for this season. I also have a nice sunburn from this experience. That night we had Chris and Dawn over and Griffin.

Sunday was nice as we watched the Colts beat the Bears in a predictable victory. I actually was pulling for the Bears, but did not mind seeing the Colts get a deserved Super Bowl ring.

4 comments:

Luke Dockery said...

I like Catchphrase, but I largely agree with you. It does help if you are able to give good clues and have people quickly guess your word, but if you have a really bad person go right before you and you get your word with almost no time left of the counter, there's not much you can do. I like the game, but the scoring should be done differently.

I was glad that Peyton got a win. I also thought it was neat when Tony Dungy said it was more important that he and Lovie were Christians than it was that they were African-American.

Jamey said...

I like Catchphrase because it's one of the few games we can get my dad to play.

Kenny Simpson said...

Catchphrase is fun, just it should not be played with a score.

Luke: I did like the way Dungy handled the "black" questions. He is a good man and I am glad he got the win.

Baron said...

I've always thought Dungy was a class act. It's always cool to see a good guy win.