Thursday, February 22, 2007

Top 10 Fast Food Places

I love to eat out. I love to eat unhealthy food (sorry Jason, Jon, Stacy, etc...). So here is my list of places to go when you are short on money.

These are my personal favorite places to eat that are fast food. I would put a place as "fast food" if...
1) I can eat there with Jamey for under $12
2) I can get out in under 30 minutes (most places in under 15)

Here are my favorites

10) Captain D's: I can only eat there once or twice a month, but when it is time I am craving it bad.

9) KFC: I love the boneless buffalo wings and strips from here. Great place to feed a family for not too much.

8) Quiznos: Favorite sandwich place to go. I love how they toast everything. They also have good clam chowder.

7) Checkers: I hate that Montgomery does not have one of these. Their seasoned fries are great as well as all their other food.

6) Wendys: I am a value orderer here and can get a lot of food for not too much. If you are healthy they even have salads and fruit and stuff...

5) Moe's: Not sure this is fast food. But it is a great place to eat. Jamey can get full of the kids burrito which is as big as the small adult one (and don't worry they know she is an adult ordering the meal so its not cheating).

4) Popeys: I have not eaten here in a long time. But I love their strips and red beans and rice.

3) Arby's: Quickly moving up the list. It has been the most frequented by me in the past few months. The 4 items for $5 is a great deal.

2) Burger King: I love the fries and Burgers here. I don't get to go that often, because Jamey got sick at one of these so she doesn't have as fond of memories as me.

1) Taco Bell: I love this place. I can order different every time and still be satisfied with my order.

Not quite on the list: McDonalds, Sonic, Chick-fil-a, Subway, What-a-burger

Not on the list: Hardees (too expensive), Subway, Long Johns Silver, Backyard Burger (too expensive), Tenda Chick (Montgomery special), Dairy Queen.

11 comments:

Jamey said...

Sonic...yummy!

I have to say Arby's is moving up on my list too. I think it has something to do with the cheese sticks.

Jason said...

I like BK's burgers, but nothing can beat McDonald's fries. And there's something about the Coke at Sonic that tastes better than anywhere else.

You ever had Mrs. Winners? The chicken's nothing special, but they have these cinnamon rolls that are incredible. I'll bet you can find one in Montgomery.

jasonk said...

Great list Kenny!
I ate some Taco Bueno tonight. Like Taco Bell, only better. I've only seen them in Oklahoma, and one in Waco, so they must be in Texas too.
Wendy's rocks. And I do like McD's, and Long John Silver too.
But right now, I am trying to watch what I eat, preparing for the season.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jason's: I love any of those places, they may even be in my "real food" top ten that I'll post next week.

Kenny Simpson said...

Jamey: I am sorry the Sonic by our house is so bad...But the Arby's is very good.

kellieja said...

There used to be a Mrs. Winners across the street from FU but they turned it into a Guthries.
It wasnt tasty.

Anonymous said...

as for burgers, I have to go with BYB. Even though it is slightly more, I like their burgers far better than any other. Although I would put BK second.

Popeye's kicks KFC's behind. Also an Arby's fan.

We recently got a Moe's here in west Little Rock. Since I love mexican more than anything, I'm loving it.

Roxy Wishum said...

Careful, Backyard Burger is owned by Vaughn Park folks. This is a fun list. I would also put Taco Bell at the top but disagree about Chic-filet. I go to Moe's just to get yelled at. It is a neat place but the food is difficult to eat without a bib.

Lerra said...

I think you can eat at BYB for under $12...Also, we used to have a Checkers, and I miss it. :-)

Kenny Simpson said...

Lerra: I could eat at BYB for under $12, but not sure Jamey and I could eat there, but it is good.

KellieJ: I am not a huge Guthries fan.

kellieja said...

I think you are the only one in alabama who isnt a fan. My college roommate at FU used to drive me up to Auburn just to eat at the one there.
I don't comment much but I am still a reader. Keep writing and I will keep reading.