Tuesday, February 06, 2007

For rich or poor...

Often times Jamey and I joke about how she "married me for the money". We see others who have very nice homes/cars and at times have almost a feeling of jealousy. Which is sad, because we both knew making a commitment to a one-income family would be tough, but we feel worth the price as Jamey is with Avery every minute of the day.
I was searching through some blogs and came to Mark Elrod's blog and read about a link he had to see where you stand in relation to the rest of the world. Here is the list. How do you feel now?

7 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

I dint get to the list, cause im trying to catch upwith everyones blogs, but I just wanted to say staying home is such a blessing, and I am proud of Jamey and you for making those sacrafices!

jasonk said...

There will be plenty of time to make money once your kids are in school. I will never regret not sending our kids to daycare. It made all the difference in the world.

Jamey said...

You couldn't pay me enough to go back to work outside of the home.

Luke Dockery said...

Being a stay-at-home mom isn't nearly as trendy as it used to be, but no job is more important than raising your kids.

Lerra said...

Yay for stay-at-home moms! :-)

Jason said...

There's no higher calling, Jamey, than being a mother. For us, as well as you guys, that means we're committed to Sunny staying home with our kids. That sounds like I'm putting down mothers who choose to work, but I'm not trying to. It's just that this is such an important issue for us. Keep making that investment in Avery. I'm glad you're able to do that.

Roxy Wishum said...

According to that link I am apparently the richest person in the world. The truth is, I have more than a reasonable amount of debt but we have three adult children that make me one of the richest men in the world. Lots of that is because LaWanna stayed home from the time we were married until our youngest was in junior high. Of course, she would like to be home now, but we have to catch up some.