Thursday, June 28, 2007

60 things about me

I am taking this from alot of others blogs and will give it a shot...



1) I am intimidated by this because there is no guide, and I am not the best at elaborating, ask my wife.

2) I may be the worlds worst speller, and often don't use larger words in my blog for fear of spelling them wrong.

3) I am in love with my wife more today than I was yesterday and probably will love her more tomorrow than today.

4) I like being the daddy of a little girl way more than I thought I would.

5) I am already struggling to think of things to put down, but don't think my life is boring.

6) My favorite color is and has always been blue, and I love that Avery's eyes are that color.

7) I am excited that my little brother will be moving down here at the end of July so I can spend time with him.

8) I obsess about coaching more than people think, and really spend 80 hour work weeks during the season and Jamey still loves me.

9) I am more of a pro football fan than a college one, although living in Alabama is slowly changing me (as well as Florida's recent title).

10) I am terrible at fixing up a home, but actually enjoy the process of making something better than when I bought it.

11) I have always been slow to get angry, but unfortunately as I get older I am able to get upset a lot easier.

12) I went to 3 different high schools since my father was in the military.

13) I actually enjoy moving somewhere new and starting fresh, but want to find a place to settle for Avery and Jamey.

14) Having lived all over the south and can honestly say that Searcy, AR is the hottest place on the planet, even more hot than Montgomery, AL.

15) If I could pick a place without worrying about friends, or a job, I'd live in the West (Colorado or Northern Arizona).

16) My favorite vacation was a cruise with Jamey and I can't wait to go on another, although we'll probably be waiting for a long time.

17) I have a good group of friends in Huntsville, Montgomery, and a few good friends in Searcy.

18) I don't see the need to drink beer, when dr. pepper is so good.

19) I love the holidays, with Christmas being my favorite time of the year. I even love the music (starting before Thanksgiving).

20) Eventually I'd like to buy a house with a pool, but the one we have now is going to be great.

21) I love the church we attend now, but would like to get to know many other couples better than I do now.

22) I have no ability to cook, although I can bake some serious frozen pizzas and have made pasta before.

23) I could eat mexican food every day.

24) I want to have 4 kids, but I think we will end up with 3 kids.

25) I have scars all over: One on my arm, one on my chest and a few in my head. I also have a finger that is broken and has never been fixed.

26) I am often reminded by friends and family about how lucky I am to be with Jamey, and they are right.

27) I wish I could spend more time around Avery.

28) I love to play mini golf and bowl and am actually fairly good at both. My high game in bowling is a 181 and I don't remember mini golf.

29) I am missing eating out already, Jamey and I made a decision to try and save more money, but I love to eat out.

30) I don't deal well with backtalk from kids that I teach, but for the most part am very calm with those I teach.

31) I had terrible acne when I was in junior high and am glad that I only have a few pimples now.

32) If I wasn't a coach, I'd be in the business world in marketing.

33) When I sleep I want it as cold as possible and then I pull the blankets all the way up. I can't sleep if it is warm.

34) I am terrified of needles. I gave blood this year at ACA for the first time and will not give again. I was scarred for 2 weeks from the needle, and they had to use both arms.

35) I don't like snakes much either, or birds for that matter.

36) I am glad that I was raised in a family that is against divorce and that showed me so many values of a marriage.

37) I am glad that I like my in-laws and respect my father-in-law.

38) I hope we have a good season in football, the boys have worked hard, but know as a coach that that does not guarantee wins.

39) I will probably watch all the Faulkner football games I can this year to watch my brother and several other players I coached.

40) I had to cheat and look at Laura's blog to get a few ideas after I got stuck and I'll probably have to look again to finish this post.

41) I don't keep in contact with anyone (except one person occasionally) from high school because I am embarassed about what a jerk I was and all the dumb things I did and said.

42) I love all my college friends and try to keep in touch with them as much as I can.

43) I would recommend Harding or any other Christian school to anyone because those schools are a great place to be.

44) I am stuck again....

45) ....And after checking Laura's blog...I like to shop for a man (which means under an hour in a store). I love finding a good deal and will often buy stuff we don't even need if it is cheap.

46) I will watch ESPN even if I have already seen the same highlights 3 times, ask Jamey.

47) I love reality TV. Survivor is my favorite, but I'll give any of them a chance.

48) I have watched every episode of friends, most of CSI, and I will become an addict of many shows.

49) I love Christian music. DC Talk, Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith are my top 3, but I will listen to any group.

50) I enjoy singing. I have been on the praise team in Huntsville, and sang in several groups in high school.

51) I think kids today have too much going on, but remember when I was in school I played 3-4 sports, was active in the youth group, was in the chorus, and had good grades and I didn't feel I did too much.

52) I love having good ringtones on my phone, but am not popular to enjoy them enough.

53) I would love to own a old school nintendo. My favorite games were Mario Bros, Techmo Bowl, Track and Field (with the power pack) and Zelda.

54) I could play tetris for hours.

55) I am a man in Alabama and I don't like to fish or hunt. But I do like to camp (if there is a shower I can use).

56) I want a grill. I really think I would cook much more if I was able to grill everything.

57) I want Avery to be 5'10, but Jamey only wants her to be 5'7 or less so she can have more of a selection with the guys.

58) If I was a little shorter Jamey told me she would not have dated me and I don't blame her. I think it is odd when short men date taller women.

59) I actually enjoyed watching soccer a few days ago. Even though it was in spanish.

60) I didn't think I'd make it through this and don't know how many people will read this but if you do leave me a comment so I'll know who is reading my blog please.

14 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

SO I have to disagree with the dr. pepper comment. I love beer, especially when Im preggers. (kidding.) and 43...don't hate the state schools, yo! we have great student centers there, too, and a wonderful chance to make some real choices about your life...I think we encourage non Christian schools for the same reason you encourage the Christian ones to the kids...funny.

I LOVE TETRIS TOO!!!!!

Jamey said...

Tetris is the best.

I disagree with the fact that you like to camp...I think you only do it because I like it...but that's a nice thought in itself.

Stacy said...

It's sweet when you talk about Jamey and Avery.

I love Dr. Pepper too. But even if I didn't, I still wouldn't drink beer because it smells like pee.

I could eat Mexican every day too, but couldn't handle Jon if he did!

Harding rocks!!

Good blog...lots of neat stuff about yourself!

Sunny said...

Awesome Kenny! Agree with you on getting the Christmas music going before Thanksgiving. We usually pull ours out around October. I can so relate with the needles thing. I cannot stand getting stuck. Unfortunately, I have really bad veins, so I am usually stuck twice at any given time (the worst was 8 times in one sitting). Love Survivor (we actually got into Big Brother a couple of years ago. We like it, but sometimes you have to get past the people). Your wish for Avery's height made me laugh. I don't think that I've ever thought of the height I want my children to be.

Sunny said...

Must be naptime Stacy!

Unknown said...

Good stuff.

Dr. Pepper is the worst drink in the world! Next to Root Beer!

Roxy Wishum said...

35. "I don't like snakes much either, or birds for that matter." That's hilarious! I am still laughing!

JSM said...

I'm going to have to take you to Choluteca, Honduras after reading #14. It's where the devil goes for a hot cup of coffee! But ranking a very close second is mucking out a house in New Orleans in August. I think I sweated the equivalent of a third grader in water weight those few days! :)

Lindsay said...

I'm totally terrified of birds...I can understand being scared of them. And yeah, Harding rocks and Searcy is pretty darn hot in the summer.

Anonymous said...

Dude, that was long. But very informative.

Lerra said...

Is it too late to tell you that you really only had to do 50? :-)

Amen to the Dr. Pepper comment. And Baron is a man in Alabama and he doesn't like to hunt or fish either.

This is another one that I read & was amazed at the similarities we have. Except I, unlike you, still have the acne that I had in high school. And I'm 27 years old. Womp woooomp.

Jason said...

I'm here.

Kat Simpson said...

#1 - you weren't a jerk at home during high school #2 bad spelling is why they invented spell-check #3 Your momma love you, Me

J. Canterbury said...

Kenny,

What was the original format of this survey? I'd like to have a go at it myself. Thanks!