Monday, June 18, 2007

NFL Preview: NFC West and North

I know I have taken a long break on my NFL picks, so here are two divisions in the NFC.

NFC West

1) 10-6: Seattle will win this divison, which I believe will be much improved from last season when it was the worst division in football. They will have Alexander and Hasselbeck healthy and that will allow them to win this divison.

2) 8-8: San Fransisco will be one of the more improved teams as they were last year, but with a much tougher schedule and people taking them seriously this will be a rough year.

3) 8-8: Arizona will finally tap some of the potential they have had in the desert the last few years. I think with a QB finally in place they should continue to get better, but they must improve their defense.

4) 6-10: St. Louis will slide further back in this division. They have an explosive offense, but probably would have a hard time stopping the Faulkner University Intermural All-Star team from scoring.

North

1) 10-6: Chicago makes me nervous, but I think they will at least make the playoffs out of a very weak division. I am not a believer in Grossman, but don't think he'll be the biggest of their problems. The defense will not be as strong as last year and that is why I see the slide from them.

2) 6-10: Green Bay will be the second best team in a very bad divison. Farve will break the record he came back to break, but will pay the price by playing on this team.

3) 6-10: Minnesota will struggle on offense. They have a very solid defense, but are in the worst shape at QB than any other team in the NFL.

4) 4-12: Detroit will be terrible again. I don't see them getting any better until they fire Millen.

I'll try to get the other two divisions up soon and my playoff picks for 2007.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Go Seahawks!!

Jason said...

I actually think the NFC North will be wide open. Chicago has more talent than any other team, but I'm not a believer in Grossman. I think he brings them back to the pack. This might be one of those divisions where 8-8 gets it done. If that's the case, any of these teams could get there by beating up on each other. You probably have to give it to Chicago based on last year, but I think they take a big step back. Just my opinion.