Monday, April 02, 2007

Top 10: Worst American Idols to get to top group

This is my list of the worst American Idols that made it to the top group. These are the idols that I cheered to be voted off the show.

10. EJay Day: First Idol to be voted off in season one.
Where is he now: A Cruise ship for Princess

9. Matthew Rogers: The big guy who sang a sappy song and got the boot. Not a great singer. I wanted to like him, but couldn't.
Where is he now: A corespondant for several sports shows

8. Bucky Covington: One that I thought was awful, but somehow kept getting voted through. I felt he couldn't have made it on the country reality show, but managed to get by simply because he was different.
Where is he now: Put out a new album "A different world"

7. Julie Demato: I thought she was snotty, and couldn't sing. Not a good combination for this show.
Where is she now: Tried to make it, but nothing took in music industry. Now she is a cosmetologist. Was also arrested for a DUI recently.

6. Kimberly Caldwell: Screamed every song she sang on the show. She got as far as she did on personality, because she was not a good singer.
Where is she now: She has made the most out of her fame. Trying to become a foxnews anchorwoman. Working for many shows on the TV Guide Channel.

5. Jon Peter Lewis: Probably a decent singer, I just couldn't stand him.
Where is he now: He has gone his own way in the music industry and had a Canadian hit "It's Christmas". His new album "Stories from Hollywood" is out now.

4. Kevin Covalis: "Chicken Little". Was the first to get farther from the website votefortheworst.com.
Where is he now: Finishing up high school as a senior this year.

3. Carmen Rasumusen: I liked her as a person. Very modest and well spoken, but we called her "goat girl" because of the vibratto in her voice. Randy hated her on the show, "dog".
Where is she now: On show Fear Factor last year. In a few comercials for local stores in Utah.

2. Mikalah Gordon: The Fran Drescher of the show. Her voice drove me nuts.
Where is she now: Cohosts American Idol Extra.

1. Sanjay: He will easily be at the top of this list by the end of the season. How many morons are there that will vote for someone, simply because he is so bad.

8 comments:

Jamey said...

I think I might put some of the others above your number one...he at least can sing...some couldn't sing at all..Matt Rogers..

I think it's just annoying right now that people with much more talent this season have already been voted off while Sanjay still sings on.

fLIP said...

You should check out www.votefortheworst.com. This idiotic site "encourages you to call in and vote for Sanjaya Malakar." The people who run this site want to encourage American Idol voters to help the "amusing antagonists stck around." In other words, these idiots think that American Idol is all about the bad singing, and that we should do everything we can to keep talent-less dorks like Sanjaya around, while voting off people who actually have a chance to make it in the music industry. It's great to see how some people can demolish the dreams of truly talented people only for the purpose of entertaining themselves.

kathyg722 said...

Bucky right now is at #26 on the charts with his debut single. American Idol was not his element. he also has the #1 video at CMT pure Country 12 Pack. You can watch his video at CMT Loaded if you would like to see how he really is. Then if you don't get him that's fine, we can't all be alike lol

Kenny Simpson said...

Thanks for stopping by Kathy. Bucky is the most successful (so far) musician on this list. We'll see how he does in the future. I do have a question, is his brother as good as he is?

kathyg722 said...

I have met Rocky but never heard him sing live. Just a little on a video.I did hear some of his rock tracks but they were too heavy for me. I think it comes down to a confidence thing. Bucky is just less self conscious I think. He is Bucky's drummer now.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

ha! I have no clue what youre talking about cause I dont watch the show, but the where he is now is hilarious. great stuff.

Brooke Shands said...

This was a good list. I have to agree with you on some! I do like the where are they now!!! Hopefully Sanjaya will find his way home VERY soon!!

jasonk said...

Great list!
I would add the girl from last year, who had such a major attitude. She was among the first to be voted off, and as she was being booted off, she looked into the camera and said, "Call me Clive, lets do a project." What a maroon.