What are the major issues that will decide this years president? Here are a few that may be issues that need some discussion.
1) War in Iraq: In my opinion if McCain has any chance this must turn around quickly. I think it will be the #1 issue brought up by the "unbiased" media.
2) Money issues: This would include gas prices, food prices and even go into universal health care. I think this is the most important issue, and may decide many people's vote.
3) Immigration: Not sure this will get the air time it deserves, but could swing several of the western states.
4) Abortion: Not going to get the press it needs, and not sure McCain is strong enough against abortion for him to win the conservative vote anyway, although Obama is extremely pro-choice and that could scare some voters.
5) Experience: Don't think this hurt Obama very much, but may in older voters mind.
6) Race: How does the fact that Obama is black impact the vote. I think it works for and against him more than people want to admit.
All in all I think it is Obama's race to lose. As long as he doesn't do anything stupid between now and the election and the war in Iraq doesn't turn around he wins. I would agree with some (James) that say Obama is the media darling (much like the first black president...Bill Clinton :). What do you think? What issues do you care about? What will people care about? Who wins and why?