Thursday, March 27, 2008

When I get little


Avery has had several milestones in the last couple of weeks. She is now potty-trained. She has given up her "paci". I have been the one to put her to bed, it is a good time to spend time with her and she is able to catch me up on what she did that day. The first night I put her to bed without her pacifier was a little rough. When she finally calmed down she said "when I get little again I can have my paci". I kind of brushed it off and moved on. The last few nights she had been saying that several times and I said "Avery, you will never get little again. You are going to keep on getting bigger".

She responded the other night by saying "that makes me sad". The more I think about her never getting little again it makes me kind of sad too.

6 comments:

Lerra said...

WOMP WOOOOMP... :-)

She says the funniest things!

Anonymous said...

My boys are almost 5 and just barely 7. On occasion I too get pretty sentimental about how their littleness is evaporating. I'm grateful for those moments (like this one) because they remind me to give them my attention and devote time to them now and to try to be less distracted by all of the other things competing with them for my attention.

Jamey said...

I think that's her new phrase. Anytime she wants to do something Braden does that she can't or shouldn't because she's too big, she emphatically responds, "well, when I get little again I will be able to."

Roxy Wishum said...

It is sad that I can't get little again!

Luke Dockery said...

Nice post Kenny. I appreciate the sentiments.

Sunny said...

So sweet! Those are some special times. Abby Kate will now only let Jason put her to bed. I think that little girls always desire that special daddy time!