Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Simpson update






A quick update on the stuff going on. Haven't been updating as regularly as I'd like, but with football over I may have more time...well if I'm not holding my boy or girl.

Braden is doing very well. He was born at 10 lbs even and 21 3/4 inches long. He is a big strong boy. Jamey says he is sleeping really well. Avery has been getting up during the night now. She is a proud big sister. Above are some pictures. Jamey has many other pictures.

Football ended last friday as we went 2-8. Highlight of the season was the Jodan Creel story. Read the last post for more on the story or this story picked up by Sports Illustrated. Now we start reloading for next season, with several new players and a few that played young we have a chance to be good.

Now Jamey and I turn our attention to track. The girls have a chance to be great and the boys have an outside shot at being a top team this season.

Also since I have time to blog (students studying for a US states and capitals test) thought I'd go over my preseason NFL picks at the halfway point.

Here's my link to the picks from preseason.
NFC East: Eagles at 10-6 is not a great pick, I did have Dallas at 9-7 and in the playoffs.

NFC South: Had New Orleans here at 10-6 which may happen, but did not see Tampa doing so well. Also had Carolina doing well, but without Delhomme they don't have a chance.

NFC North: Had Chicago here, did not pick Detroit or Green Bay (but who did?).

NFC West: Seattle was my pick here, and they may still be the team to make it, but no team here looks great. Arizona would be my new pick.


AFC East: I picked the NYJ to win, not looking so good now. Had New England at 11-5 and in the playoffs.

AFC South: Had Indy winning. But did not think much of Tennessee or Jacksonville.

AFC North: Picked Baltimore (bad) and Cinncy (also bad). Looking like Pittsburg wins the title.

AFC West: Had San Diego at 12-4, they still have a good shot at winning division, but not going 12-4.

Picked Carolina over San Diego in Super Bowl.

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Here's to no more football practice!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

these pics are precious. I know Jamey is glad things have slowed down a bit! congrats for the umpteenth time!

Roxy Wishum said...

Here's a long range pick for you. Which of those pro teams will Braden play for in 2029?

Lerra said...

Braden is so precious! I'm so glad I got to hold him when I did.

I didn't know SI did a story on Jordan Creel - that's pretty special. Thanks for sharing!