Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Jordan Creel


I will post more on this if I have the time later. But I was witness to God's work Friday night in the shape of a football player. Read this article and you'll see why...

...Many times as a Christian coach you question if God cares or not about sports. There are many stories about "religious" teams that give God the credit for their victories. But what about the teams that have Christians on them that do not win. I have been a coach on winning and losing teams and did not feel I was a worse or better christian on either of them. So what roll does God play in high school sports...

I am not sure of the answer, but do know that I was shown a little of his power in what he allowed Jordan to do last Friday. Not only did he play well, but his teammates played well above their heads to give him a small gift, that is insignificant in the big picture, but allowed him to see he was loved.

What do you think? Is God concerned with who wins and loses? Why do teams that give him no credit do as well as those who are followers of him?

Creel

14 comments:

Jamey said...

You need to put a disclaimer that those who are prone to crying should be prepared for a sob fest.

Roxy Wishum said...

That is an amazing story, one that brings tears to even old guys who do not know the family.

Lerra said...

Wow...that was a good story. Ditto what Jamey said. :-)

Lerra said...

P.S. Nice header!

Brooke Shands said...

WOW! That was a wonderful article! What an amazing sight I know it was! I agree with Jamey. What a tear jerker!

Jamey said...

That first picture is one of the most powerful pictures I've seen in a long time. It speaks more than 1000 words.

Kat Simpson said...

Awesome to be a spectator at one of God's main plays, isn't it son? I love you, mom

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

seriously. I was totally tearing up. sheesh. thats awesome.

Jason said...

Wow. What a story. What a young man. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

I would also like to thank Jamey for the warning, although it came too late. What a story. Creel really seems to find great strength through his teammates and coaches. I'm sure God has great things planned for him.

Stacy said...

What an amazing kid, and an amazing story.

Man...it made me cry too!!!

Sunny said...

What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing. The tears are flowing...

Lerra said...

Ok so I cried when I read the article, and I just came back to read the comments & saw that you posted another pic to the blog, and it made me cry too!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Awesome story, Kenny! I am so impressed by this young man and his maturity and attitude. I would hope and pray that I could handle a situation like that.