Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Great Quotes II

I love to read about the dumb things people say. Here are some for your enjoyment.

"How to store your baby walker: First, remove baby."
- Anonymous Manufacturer

"We are unable to announce the weather. We depend on weather reports from the airport, which is closed, due to weather. Whether we will be able to give you a weather report tomorrow will depend on the weather."
- Arab News report

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again."
- Barbara Boxer, Senator

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
- Britney Spears, Pop Singer

"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."
- Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice

"Better make it six, I can't eat eight."
- Dan Osinski, Baseball pitcher, when a waitress asked if he wanted his pizza cut into six or eight slices

"It isn't pollution that is hurting the environment, it's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

"Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win."
- Doug Collins, basketball commentator

5 comments:

Lerra said...

Ah, yes - the only category that both Dan Quayle and Britney Spears fit in together: Dumb Quotes. :-)

Jamey said...

The last one is funny..normally the team with the most points does win...

Like that commentator that night, "you never want to foul a guy shooting a three pointer." Really? When do you want to foul a guy?!

Roxy Wishum said...

I'm sure brother Brad would be on this list except that his quotes are too dirty to print.

Edward Carson said...

Not to get off topic on this post, but I found your blog via Luke's blog. I noticed that you linked ACA...did you attend there? I did.

Kenny Simpson said...

Edward: No I actually graduated from Mount Dora Bible in Florida. Worked at Madison Academy in Huntsville before taking the job at ACA. I assume you graduated from ACA?